Page 817 of 817 FirstFirst ... 317717767807815816817
Results 8,161 to 8,168 of 8168

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    Anyone who has played the Fallout games is going to feel right at home and actually pleasantly surprised by the quality of the show (or that's been my experience two episodes in).

For those who aren't familiar: imagine Mad Max meets Star Wars, but instead of aliens, everything is mutated due to radiation left over from a nuclear war. It's quirky, over-the-top violent, and frequently funny. Great world building and they knocked the aesthetic out of the park.

Easy to recommend for those that love the games. For everyone else: worth a try if you can shift your brain into neutral and just go with it.
    As someone who played the games they knocked it out of the park for the sets. The vaults are dead on. The settlements are dirtier then they are on the games. I’m on episode five. I’m taking my time and savoring it. There’s some small stuff to quibble but I’m saying 5/5. The dog is great!
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

I listened to a recent "That Weems Guy" podcast and the topic was "Cops Talk Cop Shows". Thank you @jlw. Good podcast as always. Southland was mentioned.

I've been watching Southland on Tubi. iirc it started airing around 2009. I was working a lot back then (7P-7A, 5 shifts a week), so not much TV time.

Damn! I am thoroughly enjoying Southland! Reminiscent of The Shield on some levels. Good characters imho.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1299368/

Watched the first episode of Fallout last evening. My son recommended it. He's 40 and played the games before. I'm too old for that LOL. But it looks interesting.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    I listened to a recent "That Weems Guy" podcast and the topic was "Cops Talk Cop Shows". Thank you @jlw. Good podcast as always. Southland was mentioned.

I've been watching Southland on Tubi. iirc it started airing around 2009. I was working a lot back then (7P-7A, 5 shifts a week), so not much TV time.

Damn! I am thoroughly enjoying Southland! Reminiscent of The Shield on some levels. Good characters imho.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1299368/

Watched the first episode of Fallout last evening. My son recommended it. He's 40 and played the games before. I'm too old for that LOL. But it looks interesting.
    I'll be 68 in a couple of months and never played the game. But I enjoyed Fallout. Maybe because I lived through the cold war.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    I'll be 68 in a couple of months and never played the game. But I enjoyed Fallout. Maybe because I lived through the cold war.
    I'm 70 and remember the whole mess quite well.
    Always hated hearing the EBS alerts. It wasn't just for severe weather and missing persons back then.

Gonna watch a couple of episodes of Fallout tonight. How can you go wrong with Walton Goggins?

Plus one on Fallout.
    Never played the games but I enjoyed it. The constant visual puns and gags were amusing, as were Lucy's inappropriately unilateral attempts at living by the Golden Rule.
    Walter Goggins was as excellent as always, especially in the flashbacks.
    It rode a fine line between video gameplay logic and narrative logic.

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    Plus one on Fallout.
    The constant visual puns and gags were amusing, as were Lucy's inappropriately unilateral attempts at living by the Golden Rule.
    I am a big fan of the Golden Rule and think if everyone was onboard it would solve most of the world's problems, but I must admit it would be quite a challenge in the apocalypse.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Quote Originally Posted by DC_P View Post
    I am a big fan of the Golden Rule and think if everyone was onboard it would solve most of the world's problems, but I must admit it would be quite a challenge in the apocalypse.
    Absolutely the first choice for a Civil society. Backed up by "Tit for tat, plus tit."
    Post-Apoc it's more like "If there is a doubt, then there is no doubt.", followed instantly by "Do unto others before they do unto you.", then loot the corpses.

User Tag List