Page 628 of 820 FirstFirst ... 128528578618626627628629630638678728 ... LastLast
Results 6,271 to 6,280 of 8197

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ed L View Post
    I really liked The Last Movie Star with Burt Reynolds. Kinda a small film, but really good. The Movie was made in the 2016 time frame. Reynolds plays an elderly movie star who is financially okay, but not doing well. In his younger days he was an action and western star. He gets invited to what is billed as an international film festival in Nashville to receive a lifetime movie award. He gets sent a air ticket which turns out to be coach, and the festival turns out to be more of a fanfest. He is assigned a young kinda goth girl as a driver/assistant. He winds up visiting some of his old places in the area and reflecting back on his life. The film uses video effects to put the octogenarian Burt Reynolds into some brief scenes where he is with his younger self in some of his actual movies. The movie is a gem. Reminds me of another movie that I will be posting about.

I agree that this is a superb movie. Among Reynolds' top roles.

My former next door neighbor is among the fans at the Q&A in this film. He's the guy with the too-small cowboy hat.

Rosco

Watched "Payback" on some streaming service. I figured it would be a remake of the Mel Gibson movie, which is a fine film (especially the director's cut). It wasn't. It sucked. Russian mob movie that doesn't even do that well. I didn't care about any of the characters. No one to cheer for. No one to boo. Watching paint dry would have been better.

Also watched "Killer Joe". It was okay, but I expected more from Willian Friedkin. This seemed more like David Lynch having a lazy day. Great cast. I'd recommend it, if you have a couple hours to kill.

Black Widow: yet more Marvel dreck. The studio has mastered the art of making the same movie over and over again. Other than the expected, "women are awesome and men are trash" context just more of the same.

The Green Knight: very artsy and esoteric. It does stick fairly close to the source material with the exception of Gawain himself, whose character is markedly different. If you're expecting a standard knights in armor event you'll be disappointed. However, the original poem doesn't feature much of that either. It's a slow burn, but beautifully made and worthwhile.

The Suicide Squad: the best parts are in the trailer, other than that it's shit.

Hit and Run Netflix: well done standard espionage effort centering around the classic deceased spouse who turns out to be someone else and the grieving spouse seeking revenge. Nothing original, but well done and nicely paced. I'll watch season two if it happens.

Jolt: even the incomparable Ms. Beckinsale can't save this turd. Yet one more failed attempt at a female John Wick . Slightly more watchable the Gunpowder Milkshake , but that's a very low bar to overcome.

More and more, I'm coming home from work and checking TCM. If there's nothing interesting on I find something else to do.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Nobody

Nobody - a much funnier John Wick, but with the protagonist being an everyman suburban dad. Props to Christopher Lloyd as grandpa, he was great. Most movies put me to sleep, this was a quick and entertaining romp.

Quote Originally Posted by JDB View Post
    Nobody - a much funnier John Wick, but with the protagonist being an everyman suburban dad. Props to Christopher Lloyd as grandpa, he was great. Most movies put me to sleep, this was a quick and entertaining romp.
    My son and I watched Nobody together on his request. Definitely 2 thumbs up. Unlike constant mayhem of the Wick movies Nobody had the perfect injection of fun stuff that made the movie very enjoyable.

Site Supporter
    "The Vault" on Netflix. Meh.
    Typical team heist thriller. Bunch of stupid trops including two of my most hated. Air ducts that support humans crawling through them and elevators with convenient doors in the ceiling. Twenty years in IT, pulling cable through crawl spaces I've NEVER seen air ducts that could support human weight, or elevators with doors in the ceiling. And that was in innocuous buildings that weren't storing millions of dollars in valuable stuff.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    I should goggle it to find out why Ted Lasso ran a Xmas show on Friday.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    "The Vault" on Netflix. Meh.
    Typical team heist thriller. Bunch of stupid trops including two of my most hated. Air ducts that support humans crawling through them and elevators with convenient doors in the ceiling. Twenty years in IT, pulling cable through crawl spaces I've NEVER seen air ducts that could support human weight, or elevators with doors in the ceiling. And that was in innocuous buildings that weren't storing millions of dollars in valuable stuff.
    Name:  Xmas ornament.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  56.9 KB
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Hellphone is a French horror comedy that takes place in the pre-smart phone era of cell phones where a teenage boy (strike one...) who is unpopular at school and trying to win the heart of one of the popular girls (strike two...) gets his hands on a phone that turns out to be cursed. Or something like that.

The movie starts slowly (strrriiiiiike th... well okay, let's watch a few more minutes) but does eventually start picking up steam and dropping bodies as the evil phone manipulates people into committing all sorts of deeds. Eventually turns into a fairly entertaining movie, but takes a long cringy while to get there.

As you might have quessed the movie is very campy, but eventually entertaining if you have the patience to stick with it.
    IDPA SSP classification: Sharpshooter
    F.A.S.T. classification: Intermediate

Site Supporter
    "Paradox" BBC 5 episode mini series on Hulu. A guy in a super secret British lab is monitoring solar activity when he receives a file download from ... ?????? ... well, that's the question. It has images of a disaster that will occur in 8 hours. He contacts the police who slowly come to believe the prophesy. I'm 2 episodes in and so far it seems pretty solid.

ETA: It give a date of 2033 for a current event. I laughed at the old flip phones the characters are using. I checked IMDB and see it was made in 2009. Still, with the time to watch.

User Tag List