Page 230 of 230 FirstFirst ... 130180220228229230
Results 2,291 to 2,293 of 2293

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by WeepingAngel View Post
    The Wire is one of the best tv shows ever shot. It may have some peers at the top, but they are few.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fahrenheit 451 (HBO) - This would have been epic as a miniseries, but alas, it's just a movie. As it stands, it's not very good, but not quite bad. Worth watching just to flex your literary knowledge and spot all the deviations from the book.
    "Trying is the first step toward irritating those around you who know better." - @angry_prof

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    Also looking forward to Jack Ryan on Amazon in August. I'm a big fan of Tom Clancy's (RIP) novels. I hope they do it well.
    Unfortunately, there is little relationship anymore between the Jack Ryan character and the Tom Clancy novels. The last movie wasn't based on any of the novels, and the series doesn't appear to be either.

That's not to say that a Tom Clancy inspired reboot can't be successful (though I didn't care for Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit) - the trailer looked promising...but then again I'm a sucker for All Along The Watchtower covers.

"When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

User Tag List