Page 316 of 819 FirstFirst ... 216266306314315316317318326366416816 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,160 of 8186

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

White Boy Rick also from the Red Box.

Not my kind of movie; I don’t find dramas featuring drugs, addicts and poor dysfunctional families living in the hood very entertaining.

2 out of 5, but only because I think a lot of Matthew McConaughey.
    Last edited by RJ; 01-20-2019 at 08:00 AM.

The Mule

Went last night. It was not quite what I expected but I really enjoyed the movie.
    ETA: I expected more violence, and was glad there wasn't. My wife is OK with it as long as it is part of the story line, but doesn't enjoy a thousand round gunfight like some of us (she got home one day when I was watching Heat on the main surround sound system and wondered WTH). We watched all of The Americans and Breaking Bad, but when you are streaming if you are grossed out you can take a break

I also enjoyed going back to a theater, seems like last time we went (Skyfall, maybe?) there was a shitload of hooligans. Perhaps the snow emergency kept them home, maybe the 6:35 showing helped.
    Last edited by mmc45414; 01-20-2019 at 10:30 AM.

The Expanse seasons 1-3.

Rewatched 1 and 2, and purchased S3, bingeing it this weekend.

The benchmark for Science Fiction in Cinema.

It is World building on a level never seen before, a world that respects physics and uses it to shape the drama.

And a grim drama it is.

The characters are well drawn, with even minor characters fleshed out.

Read the books too. One of those rare occasions where each medium adds to the other.

Highly recommended.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Peppermint out of the Red Box.

1 out of 5.

The straightforward ‘revenge’ plot had more holes than the Swiss Cheese in my fridge. Plus too many unexplained coincidences. And a soccer mom that turns Vigilante / MMA Fighter, spends five years training to be an assassin, and shoots a Glock 26 with OEM plastic white sights?
    Well, my wife and I enjoyed it for what it was. It was entertaining. Sort of like the Punisher genre. Good to see the bad guys go down. And yes, Jennifer is not hard to look at.
    With liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states.

Site Supporter
    Sumo - lots of the top ranks opted out or resigned after crappy performances. That makes the content for the Emperor's Cup a touch boring if Hakuho wins again. I like to see the smaller rolly polly guys duke it out. Some chatter that all the Mongolians are turning off fans and might be involved in some scandals.

Site Supporter
    1988's Naked Gun on amazon prime. Seen it lots of times years ago -- but still good for a laugh.
    Last edited by idahojess; 01-20-2019 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by idahojess View Post
    1988's Naked Gun on amazon prime. Seen it lots of times years ago -- but still good for a laugh.
    The series Police Squad that it was based on was even better. Only 6 episodes or so before it was cancelled, but very funny. Angie Tribeca on TBS was good for a couple seasons if you like that kind of comedy (which I do) but really fell apart later, especially on the most recent season.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

"Abducted in Plain Sight" is a Netflix documentary that will frustrate the hell out of you while you're watching it. I won't spoil it further but holy shit.

Glass

Features a two and a half hour run time. For two hours of that absolutely nothing of consequence happens. Unbreakable was pretty decent, Split was good. This one is drudgery.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    "Abducted in Plain Sight" is a Netflix documentary that will frustrate the hell out of you while you're watching it. I won't spoil it further but holy shit.
    Holy shit is right! What a fucked up group of people, pretty disturbing.. throughout the whole show I’m thinking the entire time, WTF am I watching? If this was not a true story, I would be saying no one in their right mind would buy this story in a million years. This was one of the most fucked up stories I’ve ever heard..

User Tag List