Page 250 of 819 FirstFirst ... 150200240248249250251252260300350750 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,500 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Prime Japan (Amazon Video) - A documentary series, shot in 4K, about various aspects of Japanese life and culture. It's beautifully filmed and runs the gamut from touristy tidbits (food to eat, places to visit, et cetera) to other aspects of modern Japan.

Most of the narration is in Japanese, with some glue scenes hosted by an American actor I'm not familiar with. The material with him is the low point of the show: he talks like he's trying to be profound, but he's mostly just irritating. He only shows up periodically though, and that material can be easily skipped.

It's a fun series. Even if you're not especially interested in the whole show, episodes are good piecemeal, too. Like their food episodes: Japan has more three star Michelin restaurants than France, so if you're a foodie, those are worth your time alone.

Quote Originally Posted by BigD View Post
    “The ‘Horn” on Netflix. It’s about Air Zermatt, the aerial search and rescue outfit that works the area around the Matterhorn.
    I've seen a few episodes of this, and I've enjoyed it thus far. Going from the sweeping mountainscapes to the claustrophobic interior of a crevasse makes for quite the contrast.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Archer season 9: not as funny as earlier seasons but still Archer. Worth a watch.

This Is the End: A Netflix movie about the apocalypse (or something like that). Main character is some clueless lawyer who goes off to visit his future father in law, leaving his pregnant fiancée at home. During the visit Something Happens, and the former Marine father in law and the clueless lawyer take a road trip to rescue the damsel in presumed distress.

The movie had the ingredients to make a good movie, but didn't do so well. The clueless lawyer of course makes totally idiotic decisions and survives because the script says so. The indian mechanic was apparently in the movie just to underline white man's racism and once her job was done got written out of the movie in a ridiculous manner. The former Marine father in law was the character who actually carried the movie, and should have been the main character. Alas, the writers chose to handicap that character so their inept hero would have more room to bumble about. And the movie didn't really even seem to know when to end.

Might be worth watching once if you are especially into end of the world movies, but be prepared to be annoyed by the screen play.

Site Supporter
    The Sasha Cohen show with gun experts! We have threads on this. Unbelievable! Then I went to bed.

I am not a huge TV watcher...but I was intrigued by Kevin Costner's new series "Yellowstone", so I bought it on streaming. The first three episodes have been really good.

The last movie I saw in theaters was "Solo" because I am an old fart and saw the originals in first-run so I keep hoping in vain that there will be a good new Star Wars flick.

My guilty pleasure is the Canadian modern feel good western "Heartland" which my wife got me hooked on. I grew up on a working horse ranch in Prescott, AZ...so...I like it.

Still...one of my favorite all time movies that I have seen in a theater was "HEAT"....followed closely by "LA Confidential".

Quote Originally Posted by Kan S LaTrans View Post
    I am not a huge TV watcher...but I was intrigued by Kevin Costner's new series "Yellowstone", so I bought it on streaming. The first three episodes have been really good.

Still...one of my favorite all time movies that I have seen in a theater was "HEAT"....followed closely by "LA Confidential".
    So, you're the one that liked that show. (I was set to watch it but heard so much bad I blew it off.)

You're redeemed by Heat and LA Confidential. (The L.A. Quartet by James Ellroy are excellent reads if you haven't had the opportunity.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    So, you're the one that liked that show. (I was set to watch it but heard so much bad I blew it off.)

You're redeemed by Heat and LA Confidential. (The L.A. Quartet by James Ellroy are excellent reads if you haven't had the opportunity.)
    I can't imagine anyone who had watched it would think it was bad. I am being serious, it is full of violence, profanity, nudity, guns, and nice bewbs. Plus, as a rare and strange bonus...the story line is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Kan S LaTrans View Post
    I can't imagine anyone who had watched it would think it was bad. I am being serious, it is full of violence, profanity, nudity, guns, and nice bewbs. Plus, as a rare and strange bonus...the story line is good.
    All I heard was that the cinematography was excellent in showcasing the Wyoming vistas. (Having climbed in the area, mostly the Winds, I can relate to the beauty of the area.) Maybe I'll check it out one of these days...

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Grand Sumo again.
    Where are you watching Grand Sumo?
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

I just binge-watched 10 episodes of Babylon Berlin on Netflix. It's a current German-made crime/spy drama set in 1929 during the height of the Weimar Republic.
    It is supposedly the most expensive German TV production ever, and has a pretty stellar cast. Full of period detail, and only a few anachronisms so far.

Be warned, it is dubbed into English pretty badly - like Mothra-era Godzilla movie badly.

It's beautifully shot and well written. And there are more .32 pistols in this series than even dwell in Tam's safe, if such a thing is even conceivable.
    (I find myself wanting to handle a 1907 Dryse now- that's the main character's piece.)
    Last edited by Lex Luthier; 07-18-2018 at 09:54 AM.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

^^^We watched and enjoyed the show. It was mostly pretty strong imho. At times almost mesmerizing...

Not necessarily safe for work...but not really objectionable:

Last edited by blues; 07-18-2018 at 12:47 PM.

User Tag List