Page 807 of 819 FirstFirst ... 307707757797805806807808809817 ... LastLast
Results 8,061 to 8,070 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    I went a bit off my usual path and watched "Delicious in Dungeon" based on several friends' recommendations. It legitimately surprised me. It has a lot of the usual exaggerated anime character tropes, but toned down to the point that it didn't annoy me, and the premise is intriguing (a D&D-style adventuring party too poor to afford enough supplies to go dungeon-crawling to rescue a comrade-in-arms, so they resolve to just eat the monsters they kill along the way). It's got a frankly surprising amount of depth and character growth/exploration.

OMG! I started watching this based on your post. I'm halfway through the first episode and am loving it. I stopped at the first cooking scene and ran to tell Thing 1 about it because she shares my sense of humor. She watched the preview and was hooked.

Chris

Site Supporter
    Expats

Name:  Expats.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  9.9 KB

It's really more accurate to say that I was in the room as my wife watched it. I did pickup on a bit of the plot. One thing I found "interesting." The penultimate episode was a feature length 1hr. 40 mins. and broke completely away from the main characters. It focused on a couple servants on their day off during a hurricane. Basically a stand alone movie.

????????!!

Never seen something like that before.
    Last edited by Bigguy; 02-23-2024 at 05:29 PM.

Site Supporter
    Marvel's Moon Knight - Meh. Too much psychobabble and stupid plot - Egyptian god try to take over. No one in the Marvel Universe notices or responds except our hero. The Israelis next door don't drop a nuke on the plotting god marching around Cairo at Godzilla size. Transformers movie had the same problem.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Shogun is off to an *outstanding* start. If they can keep it up, it'll be one of the best miniseries of its generation.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Site Supporter
    Stand By Me

Name:  Stand.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  12.6 KB

Will be leaving Netflix soon if it hasn't;t already. The wife and I decoded to catch it again before it does. We haven't seen in in decades. I'm glad we caught it. IMHO it's Kings best work. One thing I found amusing is that the fat kid played by Jerry O'Connell went from geeky fat to what I assume is hard body hot.
    Name:  FatKid.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  11.8 KB

Not being into guys, I'm just guessing here.

Site Supporter
    Aquaman 2 dropped on Max. Tried to watch it but the first few minutes were stupid. Couldn't see sitting through 2 hours of it. Switched to a travel show.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    Expats

Name:  Expats.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  9.9 KB

It's really more accurate to say that I was in the room as my wife watched it. I did pickup on a bit of the plot. One thing I found "interesting." The penultimate episode was a feature length 1hr. 40 mins. and broke completely away from the main characters. It focused on a couple servants on their day off during a hurricane. Basically a stand alone movie.

????????!!

Never seen something like that before.
    I watched the whole series and it made me want to visit Hong Kong again.

Though not in the company of dysfunctional spoiled whiney expats like the ones in the show.

It's well directed. I give it a solid B if you like drama.

Site Supporter
    Watched some Feud: Capote vs. the Swans. It explains why the French invented the guillotine and knitting. That's our ruling class?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    Stand By Me

Name:  Stand.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  12.6 KB

Will be leaving Netflix soon if it hasn't;t already. The wife and I decoded to catch it again before it does. We haven't seen in in decades. I'm glad we caught it. IMHO it's Kings best work.
    My vote would be for The Shawshank Redemption as his best and the best movie adaptation. Stand By Me is a close second. I’d vote Different Seasons as my favorite of his works. Not surprisingly both are in it.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by Tapatio View Post
    Mosul on Netflix.
    Was traveling by myself earlier in the week, and based on seeing this here I watched it after my business obligations last night.
    I should admit that my business obligation was to attend a party on the roof at Blake Shelton's bar in Nashville, so by the time I got back to the room I had consumed a number of tasty local craft beers, and the fact that I was by myself helped me stay engaged with the subtitles.

Also managed to score a room for the night in an interesting new concept hotel, like an small apartment that you can rent short or long term. Relevant to this discussion is that many of the newer places have nicely upped their game in the A/V area, making it easy to access your account from their equipment (they say they automatically purge your login on departure, do I really care if somebody can see my watchlist?...).

Made for a great evening with two exceptions:
    - I was traveling by myself
    - I was just oiled up enough that buying a huge bag of Fritos and eating them all before I went to bed seemed like the thing to do at the time...

User Tag List