Page 190 of 819 FirstFirst ... 90140180188189190191192200240290690 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,900 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I'm glad you liked it. Next morning minus bourbon exhuberance I thought "phenomenal" a bit strong.
    But I thought it really good.
    I'd like to see him do more serious stuff.
    Count me in as well. Watched this last night also. Definitely one of Chan's best performances, and as mentioned - a different role/character than we usually see from him. Phenomenal isn't too strong for Jackie's performance, IMO... the script is far above average for the genre. Excellent character chemistry. This one is an all around winner in my book.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Site Supporter
    Anyone else seen A Dark Song? I liked it a lot.
    --Jason--

"Designated Survivor." Is all TV like this now? Not a terrible show on merits and pretty well cast. Started as merely smugly PC, but quickly went full on Social Justice Warrior. Had to stop watching. This isn't the first such show that went off the PC rails like this.

Site Supporter
    Ditto on that one!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Jackie Chan's movie The Foreigner is phenomenal. It's an impressively intricate thriller like a spy thriller sort of thing. Complex, twists, turns, and great acting. Chan and Brosnan especially outstanding.
    I watched this last night on a Delta flight - very good movie!

Stumbled onto a Netflix jibber called Altered Carbon. Not sure if mentioned already. Interesting to me. Good mix of action, T&A and story telling. Story follows a bad ass insurgent (Green Beret from Suicide Squad) who wakes up 250 years after his capture and imprisonment. Humans have figured out a way to transfer they conscious from one body to next. Interesting thought along the lines of just how corrupt we as a species would get if we were immortal.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    I'm kind of disappointed in Altered Carbon. The protagonist isn't especially likeable, and I don't particularly care what happens to him.

I do love the hard core sci-fi though. Hope to see more of the genre in the future.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Been watching The Trade on Showtime.

A documentary series on the heroin / opioid epidemic with a focus on the U.S. and Mexico from the perspective of law enforcement, the cartels and the users.

It's only broadcast a couple of episodes thus far and it's pretty well done imho.

Obviously, it doesn't paint a pretty picture nor can any happy ending be expected.
    Last edited by blues; 02-11-2018 at 09:21 AM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Watched "6 Days" on Netflix a couple days ago. It is about the takeover of the Iranian Embassy in London back in 1980. The star of this is Jamie Bell. He plays SAS Cpl. Rusty Firmin. I enjoyed his role as Abraham Woodhull in "Turn: Washington's Spies", so it was good to see him in this role.

Saw "12 Strong" at the theater week before last. It was a good movie. Way too much shooting without reloading. Way too many napalm-looking explosions. Way too much "magical marksmanship" (poking an AR or AK out as arms length as you gallop by on horseback and actually getting hits). Hollywood can't help themselves. Again, good movie if you can overlook these excesses.

Rosco
    Last edited by Rosco Benson; 02-11-2018 at 11:34 AM.

Site Supporter
    Biathlon in the Winter Olympics! Little misses and your chances fade.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...lon-rifle.html

OMG, he said 'clips'. Sound the Internet alarm.

Interesting guns though. That bolt is something, I was not familiar with.
    Last edited by Glenn E. Meyer; 02-11-2018 at 12:14 PM.

User Tag List