Page 695 of 812 FirstFirst ... 195595645685693694695696697705745795 ... LastLast
Results 6,941 to 6,950 of 8111

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    So far, I’m enjoying
    Dark Winds
    on AMC. Since it’s set in 1971, lots of revolver goodness.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Jerry and Margie Go Large. It’s the true story of a retired mathematician who had a winning lottery, and he won a millions. While most of the story is true, a villain had to be tossed in briefly. Great performances, great story, and made me feel happy for Jerry and Marge.

*Nothing in the comments above is a spoiler, so enjoy. 👍👍👍👍

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    So far, I’m enjoying on AMC. Since it’s set in 1971, lots of revolver goodness.
    I’m going to have to watch that! I really like Zahn McClarnon in everything he’s been in, so this should be good!

So far, I’m enjoying on AMC. Since it’s set in 1971, lots of revolver goodness.
    I've got that queuing up on the DVR. (So far behind on that.) I'm glad to hear you're enjoying it.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    So far, I’m enjoying Dark Winds on AMC. Since it’s set in 1971, lots of revolver goodness.
    I had to have been drain-bead to have hit the quote button instead of the italics button.

Anyway, the only thing I'm sort of sighing at is the "local cops think the FBI agents are a bunch of arrogant, ambitious pricks and the FBI thinks the local cops are imbeciles" trope. It's kind of tiresome.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Marvels' Black Widow was ok. Typical Marvel third act of huge explosions and unlikely physics. But it works.
    Mainly due to the introduction of Natasha's sister Yelena as another Black Widow assassin. The actress has excellent dry comic timing and presence. She reprises the role in Hawkeye, where she and Hailee Steinfeld riff well off of each other.
    Also in Black Widow David Harbour is excellent as the low rent Soviet knockoff of Captain America, "The Red Guardian", a superhero whose spandex suit doesn't quite fit anymore.
    Last edited by feudist; 06-21-2022 at 08:16 AM.

So far, I’m enjoying Dark Winds on AMC. Since it’s set in 1971, lots of revolver goodness.
    You can find the first episode (or two) on YouTube.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    You can find the first episode (or two) on YouTube.
    I believe this is the link.

I'm watching The Ipcress File on AMC+ and liking it. I never read the book or saw the movie so I have no preconceived ideas about it.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    I believe this is the link.

I missed the first episode before watching the second. I was lost. When I finally went back and caught the first episode, the second episode made a lot more sense.

User Tag List