Page 803 of 819 FirstFirst ... 303703753793801802803804805813 ... LastLast
Results 8,021 to 8,030 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    One point from Monsieur Spade: Leather-soled shoes are a lot better for kicking a confession out of a bad guy than dress sneakers.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Just rewatched ZeroZeroZero on Amazon Prime. Still holds up. Some of the subplots got a bit convoluted, particularly with the Italian Camorra. This may be the only time I've ever seen the Mexican FX-05 Xiucoatl, in the hands of the Mexican commando unit that is obviously inspired by the Zetas. I enjoyed it even a second time through. If you don't mind subtitles and are interested in a globe-spanning crime story, give it a shot.

"When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Site Supporter
    Wife and I tried to watch the Joe Pickett series the past few nights. First two episodes of S1 were just meh... I found myself irritated by the completely silly-looking Stetson Open Road Joe wears. Maybe that's a popular choice in that line of work in Wyoming, but, it wasn't working for me. We watched Ep3 and were looking at each other cringing most of the way through. We were completely unable to buy in to the story line, characters were beyond idiotic (let's solve an endangered species problem by the Caddyshack method... seriously?), just really bad. Stopped about 10 minutes into Ep4 and decided sleep would be more entertaining.

Maybe it was an expectations problem, since I haven't read the books.?

We decided to skip ahead to the final episode of S1 last night and mercifully, I fell asleep 5 minutes in and Wife said I was glad to have missed it. Not planning to attempt Season 2 unless someone tells me it's improved drastically.

Read somewhere on the internet that this compares favorably to Longmire... total BS on that.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    Tried to watch the latest Ghostbusters sequel - an hour in, bored. Stopped. There is a theme lately in movies of the single mom with her children (one usually a genius outcast) who fight the XYZ. Getting a little old. The movie spends too much time documenting their domestic grief. Ok, Grandpa was a ghostbuster, Dad was a Greek god who left Mom because of Cosmic HOODOO. Yawn.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Wife and I tried to watch the Joe Pickett series the past few nights. First two episodes of S1 were just meh... I found myself irritated by the completely silly-looking Stetson Open Road Joe wears.
    I only made it through the first two. The hat thing made me think they were making a lame attempt at trying to get people to believe it could be like Justified. It isn't...
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    The present season of True Detective may have lost me. It's an excellent show, it's just too much weird from too many different directions, and it's not motivating me to see how it all ties together.

Wife and I watched a few episodes of The Bear. If you've ever worked in a kitchen, it'll probably stress you out (speaking from experience). The three episodes we saw were more drama than comedy, but it feels like it's heading in an interesting direction.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

The Tourist, limited series on Netflix. Apparently originated on HBO.

Crime drama set in Australia. Guy gets in a car crash, wakes up with no memory, and starts meeting people from his past. Apparently he was up to no good.

If you like the Coen Brothers, this draws heavily on their films. Lots of quirky characters, some truly evil ones, plenty of violence, and "this person isn't who they appear to be." And lots of the Australian outback.

B+

Site Supporter
    Family binged the Bear over this super cold JAN stretch here in the KC metro.

Thoroughly enjoyed both seasons.

Behind

Corner

Yes Chef
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Watch "Anna" on Prime. Pretty compelling story about young woman recruited into the KGB for what turned out to be very wet work. If/How would she break free of the KGB reins? Fanciful fight scenes can be found.

Site Supporter
    Watched the Marvels, it was a crappy movie as in a lot of these, it made little sense. Which is too bad as the 3 characters were well acted and developed. They needed a different story.

It is time though to ditch Nick Fury - he's become a Joe Biden - not knowing what's going on, wandering around ineffectually. Started with him missing that half his organization was Nazis. So he's still portrayed as a master planner when he is clearly a dope.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

User Tag List