Page 153 of 817 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155163203253653 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 8166

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    I've read about 4 of the books. Reacher as I remember is described as a large imposing dude. Six foot 5''ish in the neighborhood of 250 lbs and all muscle. Played by Tom Cruise? Apparently when you buy the rights, produce and ... you can throw proper casting right out the window. What's next? A movie about the life of Andre the Giant with Peter Dinkalage as Andre?
    Made me think of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lISBP_fPg1s

As great as Peter Dinklage is, I don't think it comes off quite the same if Dinklage had been in the role.
    "Rich," the Old Man said dreamily, "is a little whiskey to drink and some food to eat and a roof over your head and a fish pole and a boat and a gun and a dollar for a box of shells." Robert Ruark

We took my grandson (5) to see My Little Pony: The Movie.

It was actually pretty good for a young kid. Predictable story, lots of color, the bad guy gets it in the end, lots of catchy tunes, and a toe-tapping end number.

Four out of five stars.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    We took my grandson (5) to see My Little Pony: The Movie.

It was actually pretty good for a young kid. Predictable story, lots of color, the bad guy gets it in the end, lots of catchy tunes, and a toe-tapping end number.

Four out of five stars.
    I’m not exactly a Brony, but I have to admit that MLP is by far one of the more well-done kids cartoon series going.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

"A Time to Kill" on Prime, had never seen it before. Plenty of great performances hampered by otherwise poor direction. Distastefully schmaltzy given the subject matter.
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

Hi Risk Customer Services
    I started streaming Mindhunter tonight on Netflix. 2 episodes in and I am hooked.

I feel like many characters in the show are based upon PF members. Not the killers of course...

Watching Live PD right now. They are searching for armed robbers and the AR's come out as appropriate. The problems though... the Lt has no optic and left his rear sight folded down. Another deputy has a suppressor but no sling. And they keep muzzling each other. Earlier a deputy cleared a found handgun with his left hand in front of the muzzle.

Back when I was a yoot, I used to get excited when I heard that various favorite books were going to be adapted into movies.
    So many painful lessons- I still haven't gotten over the hack job that was the film of "Clear and Present Danger".

Meanwhile, I keep loving "Rogue One".
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Back when I was a yoot, I used to get excited when I heard that various favorite books were going to be adapted into movies.
    So many painful lessons- I still haven't gotten over the hack job that was the film of "Clear and Present Danger".

Meanwhile, I keep loving "Rogue One".
    Clear and Present Danger was the best IMO book Clancy ever wrote, but yes they butchered that movie. Even worse what I think they did to The Sum of all Fears. I wrote "think" because I never watched it. It's my understanding that the terror group went from a Middle Eastern origin to domestic. Once I heard that I refused to watch.
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

Quote Originally Posted by holmes168 View Post
    Clear and Present Danger was the best IMO book Clancy ever wrote, but yes they butchered that movie. Even worse what I think they did to The Sum of all Fears. I wrote "think" because I never watched it. It's my understanding that the terror group went from a Middle Eastern origin to domestic. Once I heard that I refused to watch.
    Yea I saw it - some kind of neo nazi group. And of course Ben Affleck didn't help.

My favorite of the Jack Ryan series was Without Remorse when he goes back to the 70's to tell us how Mr Clark became who we know today.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    My favorite of the Jack Ryan series was Without Remorse when he goes back to the 70's to tell us how Mr Clark became who we know today.
    I liked Without Remorse, but it was really the least original of Clancy's books...it hewed a little too close to 'Mack Bolan' for my taste. I still remember reading Clark's first appearance in The Cardinal of the Kremlin and thinking that Clancy has got to do more with this character. Clear and Present Danger was a great followup and remains my favorite, though I hate the movie.

Interestingly, I had an opportunity to meet some folks from Paramount's marketing team that worked on the Clancy movies after Clear and Present Danger was released. During their talk, they made sure to emphasize that they were adapting violent source material, but they wanted to be sure that they weren't glamorizing violence on screen. I raised my hand and asked if that was the case, why did they feel the need to kill Sean Miller and Felix Cortez in the movie adaptations, as both villains were alive and facing some version of justice at the end of Clancy's books. After some squirming they admitted that test audiences preferred villains to meet a violent end.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

User Tag List