Page 344 of 819 FirstFirst ... 244294334342343344345346354394444 ... LastLast
Results 3,431 to 3,440 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    Agree with this assessment. Close had potential but fell short. I've liked Noomi Rapace since The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy.
    Good in "The Drop" and "Child 44" too as I recall. (Though "Child 44" was far superior as a book.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    The Girl With All the Gifts: It's a zombie movie, but different from the usual rubbish. Different enough that I don't really want to talk about the plot, as I feel it might take away from the enjoyment of the movie. It does seem there must be incompetent idiots making stupid ass mistakes in every zombie movie, which is annoying, but fortunately only a relatively minor part of this movie. All in all it was enjoyable and interesting.

Close: Female bodyguard takes on a temporary assignment to protect a teenage girl only because her mother insisted on a woman, and she was the only one available. Of course the job goes from a cake walk to disaster, and the bodies start to pile up. While unimaginative aside from the leading characters being female, this action movie had promise, and parts of the film are entertaining. Unfortunately at some parts the writing fell flat on its face. The feeling I had after watching the whole thing was pretty much "meh". I don't get the ranting about "rampant feminism" some reviews talked about, though. What, girls can't shoot people too?

Both movies should be available on Netflix, if you don't have anything better to watch.
    I liked Girl With All the Gifts.

An interesting take on the Zombie trope.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco Benson View Post
    Finished up season 3 of "The Santa Clarita Diet", on Netflix, the other night. I recommend this series highly. It is hilarious.

I hope they bring it back for a 4th season.

Rosco
    Solid thumbs up for that one. It's not in the running for "greatest TV show ever", but it has a kind of Army of Darkness humor that doesn't take itself too seriously and has fun with a lot of "undead" tropes. Plus it's kind of fun to see Olyphant in a different kind of role (and playing it reasonably well).

Looking forward to Season 4.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Good in "The Drop" and "Child 44" too as I recall. (Though "Child 44" was far superior as a book.)
    Big fan of "the drop". I just got the book and so far it's superior to the movie (as books typically are).
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

Vending Machine Operator
    Watched "The Silence" to see if Netflix could do what they did with "Bird Box" a second time.

They could not. Total trash. Turns out Sandra Bullock was just carrying that movie.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Not to mention "Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows".

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    Not to mention "Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows".
    Haven't seen that.

I was watching some old Wallander episodes, (Swedish version of the series), recently and noticed that her former husband was one of the main players.

Ola Rapace
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I finally got around to watching the last 4 episodes of True Detective season 3 over the weekend. I liked it quite a bit. Not as good as S1, but that goes without saying. I'm glad they kinda went back to what made S1 work, and left out what didn't work so well in S2.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    I finally got around to watching the last 4 episodes of True Detective season 3 over the weekend. I liked it quite a bit. Not as good as S1, but that goes without saying. I'm glad they kinda went back to what made S1 work, and left out what didn't work so well in S2.
    I just finished watching S3E1 and it looks like this is going to be pretty good.

Site Supporter
    Watching Southland again.

I wish it was more like Adam 12 where the basically just followed patrol around. There are plenty of narc and detective shows.

Lucy Liu is truly unbearable to me as an actress and especially in Southland. She is like the female Nicholas Cage.

User Tag List