Page 424 of 819 FirstFirst ... 324374414422423424425426434474524 ... LastLast
Results 4,231 to 4,240 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Watched the first 2 seasons of “Occupied” which is a Norwegian/French show about Norway being taken over by the dirtbag Rooskis and the EU.

I think it’s the best series I’ve seen in a long time.
    What network?

ETA: I found it on netflix
    Last edited by blues; 01-17-2020 at 10:12 AM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    What network?

ETA: I found it on netflix
    Netflix.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    With your background, what are your thoughts or Narcos Mexico?
    I liked it. Its not 100% accurate, as its Hollywood. But the stuff about how the cartels are organized and structured, about how they have to balance the state police/army/politicians/fed police/rival cartels was all pretty spot on. There is not one monolithic structure. Everyone has their hands out individually, and just because you paid the politicians does not mean the army will leave you alone unless they got paid too.

They sanitized the parts about Kiki getting killed. They left out them basically peeling his skin and fingernails, and working him over with a power drill for 30 hours. I think they wanted to have Felix painted as sympathetic for the audience, instead of the piece of shit he was.

The names of the player have changed in the past 30 years, but the structure, the bribes, the political situation are all the same. The parts about the US gov, ambassador, state department, etc interfering in actual law enforcement are 100% true and still ongoing. just look at things like the US army in Afghanistan not being allowed to burn poppy fields so as not to upset the local politicians. Same shit, different country.
    Last edited by Gadfly; 01-17-2020 at 12:54 PM.
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Letterkenny; if you're not watching it, you probably should be...change that to definitely if you like Always Sunny and other dark, R-rated humor. I dunno what/where the Crave network is, but you can watch it on Hulu...and again, you probably should, it's friggin hilarious.

And the woman playing the younger sister, Katy? Good googly moogly! She brings a wonderful je ne sai quoi into what could otherwise be just another cute meat puppet role that any hottie could play. Just wait until she lays out her repeating line, a languid, teasing, "Is that what you appreciate about me?" You can thank me later.

What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    And the woman playing the younger sister, Katy? Good googly moogly! She brings a wonderful je ne sai quoi into what could otherwise be just another cute meat puppet role that any hottie could play. Just wait until she lays out her repeating line, a languid, teasing, "Is that what you appreciate about me?" You can thank me later.
    Young Katy... yes please. And Tannis, and Bonnie McMurray...

It is pretty damn funny.

(Young Katy)
    Last edited by Gadfly; 01-17-2020 at 02:11 PM.
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    Letterkenny; if you're not watching it, you probably should be...change that to definitely if you like Always Sunny and other dark, R-rated humor. I dunno what/where the Crave network is, but you can watch it on Hulu...and again, you probably should, it's friggin hilarious.

The show's funny as hell, but it got kind of repetitive after a while. Lots of quotable catch phrases though...

Chris

I agree, Chris. It was fun for a few episodes but then it got a bit tired. (Like fart jokes.) Katy notwithstanding.

Oh, is that you appreciate about me?

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    Young Katy... yes please. And Tannis, and Bonnie McMurray...
    Bonnie McMurray...

I enjoyed the hell out of all 7 seasons. I think there was a lot of resonance for me in the stereotypes they depicted.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by WeepingAngel View Post
    Bonnie McMurray...
    Is this what you appreciate about her?

User Tag List