Page 705 of 817 FirstFirst ... 205605655695703704705706707715755805 ... LastLast
Results 7,041 to 7,050 of 8168

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Site Supporter
    Quite possibly the main channel I have SAT-TV for,, the IFC channel, (we can discuss reasons later, I think,) has a Rocky VS Miyagi weekend. Rocky movies (I vaguely remember Rocky One, two and three are blurs in my memory) Rocky IV, the whole cold war East vs. West is where my childhood memories are.

What would the members of Survivor be eating today if it weren't for the Rocky franchise???🤪

pat

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Faaaaaa....

I am going to go out on a limb with an early prediction. Better than Matrix 4.

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    Gray Man was highly entertaining in the way a Marvel movie is. No surprise considering the directors.
    Chris Evans as the ebullient sociopath was quite enjoyable, he made me laugh out loud several times. Gosling was good as always.
    Anna de Armas...
    Even the little girl did a good job.
    I thoroughly enjoyed it. Action scenes were non-stop and totally over-the-top, but very entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I am going to go out on a limb with an early prediction. Better than Matrix 4.
    Talk about a low bar... Who Killed Captain Alex is a better movie than Matrix 4.

Gray Man was highly entertaining in the way a Marvel movie is.
    Personally, I felt downright offended by the complete lack of any sense or logic in that movie. (Haven't really watched a whole lot of Marvel films, I read superhero comics as a kid but can't say the genre holds that much appeal to me anymore. The Iron Man movies were pretty good though.)

I read from somewhere that it cost 200 million US dollars to make that film. All that money and they couldn't afford a fucking script?!? And from somewhere a long time ago - what has it been now, a decade? - I read that Hollywood had created, or at the time the article was written were creating a computer program that can write movie scripts. Seeing the quality of modern film making, I can believe that. But until I saw The Gray Man I had no idea that it was physically possible to force feed Adderall to a computer program all the way until the program overdoses and vomits out an incoherent rambling mockery of a script.

Which is not to say that the 200 million doesn't show. The movie has all the prettiest people pretending to be someone else in a dizzying variety of cinematic locations with a huge amount of stunts and pyrotechnics going off. A whole lot of people deserve a pat on their back for doing a great job. The technical people for getting all that to work, the pretty pretenders for saying their lines as best they could... But in a world with any justice in it, several highly paid people would have committed seppuku after seeing this turd released into the world. Despite all that money spent, the movie just doesn't have any content. There's just nothing there, aside from the most superficial of eye candy. The Gray Man is a $200 million shiny wrapper containing absolutely nothing. Like the worlds prettiest empty cardboard box. Which, I suppose, is an apt metaphor for the modern Western world?

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    Personally, I felt downright offended by the complete lack of any sense or logic in that movie. (Haven't really watched a whole lot of Marvel films, I read superhero comics as a kid but can't say the genre holds that much appeal to me anymore. The Iron Man movies were pretty good though.)

I read from somewhere that it cost 200 million US dollars to make that film. All that money and they couldn't afford a fucking script?!? And from somewhere a long time ago - what has it been now, a decade? - I read that Hollywood had created, or at the time the article was written were creating a computer program that can write movie scripts. Seeing the quality of modern film making, I can believe that. But until I saw The Gray Man I had no idea that it was physically possible to force feed Adderall to a computer program all the way until the program overdoses and vomits out an incoherent rambling mockery of a script.

Which is not to say that the 200 million doesn't show. The movie has all the prettiest people pretending to be someone else in a dizzying variety of cinematic locations with a huge amount of stunts and pyrotechnics going off. A whole lot of people deserve a pat on their back for doing a great job. The technical people for getting all that to work, the pretty pretenders for saying their lines as best they could... But in a world with any justice in it, several highly paid people would have committed seppuku after seeing this turd released into the world. Despite all that money spent, the movie just doesn't have any content. There's just nothing there, aside from the most superficial of eye candy. The Gray Man is a $200 million shiny wrapper containing absolutely nothing. Like the worlds prettiest empty cardboard box. Which, I suppose, is an apt metaphor for the modern Western world?
    Iron Man 2 is about where Marvel stopped being good (with a very small handful of exceptions). Visually stunning and completely empty of anything else.
    Grab your gun and bring in the cat.

Name:  6npwgu.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  28.3 KB

Name:  6npwgu.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  28.3 KB
    Your brain ugly wrinkly
    My brain smooth pretty

I read from somewhere that it cost 200 million US dollars to make that film. All that money and they couldn't afford a fucking script?!?
    Welcome to today. The bottom line is very few people now will watch a movie without looking at their phone 20+ times. The only thing able to make them look up from their personal screens are beautiful people, loud noises, or fast moving scenes/explosions/flashy colors. It is rare for new movies or TV to have any actual content.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

The Gray Man on Netflix.

Very very good, overall. Entertaining, engaging, and I thought the Cinematography was interesting. Perhaps a slight over use of "drone fly in cam", but it didn't detract much. Well paced. Lots of guns.

Four out of five stars.

User Tag List