Page 792 of 820 FirstFirst ... 292692742782790791792793794802 ... LastLast
Results 7,911 to 7,920 of 8195

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Wendell Pierce is a great actor, but he ain't never ever gonna not be Bunk...
    Anytime we see him in anything, I point, and say to my wife “Bunk“. Guess I’m not the only one.

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    For something old-school, you might want to check out the original Magnum, P.I. series. I recently watched the first couple seasons, and it's not as goofy as you might remember, it fact, Magnum is downright stone-cold at times.

"Did You See The Sunrise?"

I remember watching that as a kid, and being surprised by that ending. I also, have quoted Magnum from the followup episode where Higgins chides him about drinking to drown his sorrows, and then tells Magnum to drink whiskey instead of beer if he really wants to be drunk. Magnum replies, "It's easier to keep an even buzz with beer." It's my standard reply anyone tried to get me to drink hard alcohol.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    I need to reread A Helmet For My Pillow and With The Old Breed.
    I just finished With the Old Breed. Anyone who harbors a romantic notion of war needs to read it. I had an uncle on Okinawa; he never talked about it and now I have an inkling of why.

What a meatgrinder and that poorly-trained boys were tossed into it was criminal.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

After the NFL in their infinite wisdom put the Chiefs/Dolphins wild card game behind a paywall today (brilliant, maybe 150 people watched it) I surfed around and found a gem. If you like Ryan Reynold's and have a 15 year oldish sense of humor like I do "6 Underground" on Netflix is a light hearted and funny action flick worthy of 2 hours. Lots of carnage and dark humor. If it has already been mentioned upthread my sincerest of apologies.

Site Supporter
    @Guerrero, where are you finding Magnum PI at? I’m assuming some streaming service.

Quote Originally Posted by TOTS View Post
    @Guerrero, where are you finding Magnum PI at? I’m assuming some streaming service.
    I have a Roku, and it was on one of the free channels (the Roku Channel maybe?)
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

The other night I turned my buddy onto Invasion USA, the 1985 Chuck Norris movie. I might have already talked about it in this thread but it is the most Chuck Norris movie of Chuck Norris movies and it's hilarious. Chuck wears denim the whole movies, carries a brace of micro uzis in a custom shoulder rig, and stops a mall shooting with his Chevy K10 stepside. It's a must watch.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by Tuefelhunden View Post
    DogCaller if you enjoyed Narcos you might take a look at Queen of the South.

Thanks for this recommendation. I started it and I'm liking it so far, and, best of all, there are 5 seasons, so the eliptical machine torture can continue.

Your very welcome. If memory serves it holds up pretty well all the way to the end. Enjoy.

Movie: nothing lately. Although Dances With Wolves (the 4 hour director's cut) is pending to be watched with the kid.
    TV: Star Trek: Enterprise... is currently in rotation here
    Music: ...

Oh, yes. I prefer the Bright Side Mix so far.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

User Tag List