Page 794 of 819 FirstFirst ... 294694744784792793794795796804 ... LastLast
Results 7,931 to 7,940 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Watched the first episode of the new season of True Detective. I enjoyed it so far but we’ll see where the season goes. There’s some supernatural stuff which is totally out of the ordinary for the show, even though it’s very minor. Not sure how I feel about it but it’s not eye rolling or anything yet.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    Watched the first episode of the new season of True Detective. I enjoyed it so far but we’ll see where the season goes. There’s some supernatural stuff which is totally out of the ordinary for the show, even though it’s very minor. Not sure how I feel about it but it’s not eye rolling or anything yet.
    Did you even watch season 1, Bro?
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    S1 was awesome. I powered through S2, but it sucked so much, I never even tried S3. For those who did, was it worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Season one had occult themes with the ritualistic nature of the killings but there weren’t actually any supernatural parts to the story. I’m talking there are ghosts and visions and similar things in the new season.

Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    S1 was awesome. I powered through S2, but it sucked so much, I never even tried S3. For those who did, was it worth it?
    I liked Season three. It was substantially better than Season two and actually involved more actual detective work than the second. It wasn’t as good as the first season but that’s a heck of a bar to try and reach.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    Season one had occult themes with the ritualistic nature of the killings but there weren’t actually any supernatural parts to the story. I’m talking there are ghosts and visions and similar things in the new season.

I liked Season three. It was substantially better than Season two and actually involved more actual detective work than the second. It wasn’t as good as the first season but that’s a heck of a bar to try and reach.
    Oddball opinion here: I thought the ending of S1 was such a letdown, and S2 such a misfire(The Vera Lyn trailer was better than the entire season))...that I actually enjoyed S3 and the way it wrapped up: He never left the jungle.

Overall, with apologies to the Bard, the entire series is Much Ado About Nothing.
    S1: There is no ending.
    S2: There is no plot
    S3: There is no crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Tapatio View Post
    That is a great memoir. The HBO follow-up to "Band of Brothers," "The Pacific" features Eugene Sledge as one of the characters, and you get to see some of the hell he went through during his time in that theater. Really grim, nasty stuff.
    Yep and the book depicts it even worse. The series is great. His description of the combat and conditions during
    Okinawa is chilling.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    Yes.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

New episodes of "Mr. In-between" on Hulu. A very raw portrayal of a middle age Aussie underworld freelancer as he goes about his workday and tries to raise his 'tween daughter. Surprisingly introspective amidst the carnage. Hilarious at times. Scott Ryan is the lead character if you've seen his work.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Site Supporter
    Watched Ant Man / Quantumcrappola. What a stupid move. Just served to set up Kang the Conqueror. As mentioned previously, he's a pretty lame supervillain. The only thing in the movie I liked was Michelle Pfeiffer - she still has it. Her character got it on with Kang and Bill Murray, despite being married (but separated dimensionally) from geezer Michael Douglas. I understand why it was a flop.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Watched Ant Man / Quantumcrappola. What a stupid move. Just served to set up Kang the Conqueror. As mentioned previously, he's a pretty lame supervillain. The only thing in the movie I liked was Michelle Pfeiffer - she still has it. Her character got it on with Kang and Bill Murray, despite being married (but separated dimensionally) from geezer Michael Douglas. I understand why it was a flop.
    Which is a shame, since I liked the first "Ant Man" more than a great majority of the Marvel movies.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

User Tag List