Page 561 of 819 FirstFirst ... 61461511551559560561562563571611661 ... LastLast
Results 5,601 to 5,610 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by O4L View Post
    I see that it's available on Prime. I'll check it out. Thanks.
    It looks like the first season has three episodes and it's the second season that has six.

Watched the first three episodes of Dark last night. Stopped noticing that the sound track was dubbed after the second episode. I have no idea what’s going on but interesting so far.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by O4L View Post
    It looks like the first season has three episodes and it's the second season that has six.
    British shows are pretty damn weird about the number of episodes per season, and usually not many seasons.

Well, tonight the gf and I finished binge watching Justified. Neither of us had watched it when it was on the air. Overall a decent show, but not mind-blowing. Considering the main character was a former firearms instructor, I would have liked better technical gun handling in the show, at least when he was involved. Worth a watch, but doubt I'll watch it again. It was cool seeing several cast members from The Shield (my favorite show ever) in it.

Site Supporter
    The UK number of episodes is good because they tightly plot a story and tell it. They don't stretch on and on. One American case was the Flash. I liked it at first then they stretched some bad guy for the whole show run and ended with cliff hanger. You knew the bad guy would be defeated, so after awhile it was ho-hum and just seeing the stupid reasons the good guys couldn't figure it out quickly. It takes some writing talent for a long run and many US series didn't have that - they just stretched to fill time. Some good shows would intersperse stand alones in the story arc to keep interest.

It's just shoot the Joker already, Batman - syndrome. Luther was great - clear story and it came to an end for each arc.

Couldn’t sleep last night and woke up about 2 AM

Got through the first 7 episodes of Ted Lasso.

Great great show.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Mission Control: The Unsung Heroes of Apollo (Amazon) - Great documentary about the pioneers of NASA's mission control. Easily could have been its own miniseries - it felt like they just scratched the surface. A must see for any spaceflight enthusiasts.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    I just binge watched beforeigners on HBO/ Prime. I enjoyed it. It is a sci-fi cop show in Oslo Norway with time travel and murders. Warning - it is in Norwegian with subtitles, but it has Vikings and shield maidens so I stuck with it. It even has some funny dialogue like when the pagan shield maiden who time traveled from 1000 AD to present day says that modern feminine products are like having a soft kitten in her underwear.
    Man, I wish my internet wasn't out for the umpteenth time. Sounds great for me and Mrs. Anders. Definitely checking that out!
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by MGW View Post
    Watched the first three episodes of Dark last night. Stopped noticing that the sound track was dubbed after the second episode. I have no idea what’s going on but interesting so far.
    I loved all three seasons.

Unlike Lost, the writers had a tight plan from the beginning. It shows more and more as the show progresses.
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    The UK number of episodes is good because they tightly plot a story and tell it. They don't stretch on and on. One American case was the Flash. I liked it at first then they stretched some bad guy for the whole show run and ended with cliff hanger. You knew the bad guy would be defeated, so after awhile it was ho-hum and just seeing the stupid reasons the good guys couldn't figure it out quickly. It takes some writing talent for a long run and many US series didn't have that - they just stretched to fill time. Some good shows would intersperse stand alones in the story arc to keep interest.

It's just shoot the Joker already, Batman - syndrome. Luther was great - clear story and it came to an end for each arc.
    Has any show ever had a 20+ episode season where every ep was worth watching?

12-13 in a year seems to be the max, and 6-10 usually is the best, IMO.
    NO EXCEPTIONS

The Expanse Season 5 returns Dec. 16 with three episodes, then one episode per week after that.

Last edited by MK11; 12-14-2020 at 05:55 PM.

User Tag List