Page 809 of 819 FirstFirst ... 309709759799807808809810811 ... LastLast
Results 8,081 to 8,090 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by 4RNR View Post
    Binging The Wire. Season 1 last week. Few episodes into season 2 yesterday. When it was airing i never saw more than a few episodes. Next will probably be Breaking Bad, if i can find it on cable
    Lucky you, seeing this in full for the first time. IMHO the best television series ever made.

And it's even better the second time around; the writing is so good, they're setting up plot lines several seasons in advance. Guaranteed there's all kinds of things you'll miss first time around.

Not to mention some truly memorable exchanges telling it the way it is:

Quote Originally Posted by 4RNR View Post
    Binging The Wire. Season 1 last week. Few episodes into season 2 yesterday. When it was airing i never saw more than a few episodes. Next will probably be Breaking Bad, if i can find it on cable
    Breaking Bad is awesome. It looks like it’s available on Netflix, FWIW.

Watched Hell or High Water on Freevee the other night. Really enjoyed it. It moves a little slow at times but the acting is good and I thought it was well directed.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Finished Mr. & Mrs. Smith last night.
    It was just OK, I would have probably liked it a lot more if I had never seen The Americans.

Site Supporter
    Wife and I finished ep3 of Shogun last night.... Really enjoying it, although, it's been a struggle to follow the evolving loyalties of the characters... I think that's intentional, so, I'm working on sitting back and watching it happen.

Very excellent production values...

We're watching the subtitled version, but, I did see there is a dubbed English version available if you prefer..
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Wife and I finished ep3 of Shogun last night.... Really enjoying it, although, it's been a struggle to follow the evolving loyalties of the characters... I think that's intentional, so, I'm working on sitting back and watching it happen.

Very excellent production values...

We're watching the subtitled version, but, I did see there is a dubbed English version available if you prefer..
    I'm watching the subtitled version as well. Thoroughly enjoying it thus far. Intriguing characters. And I think you're right in the evolving loyalties being intentional. It looks like they are laying the foundation for some interesting developments.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Breaking Bad is awesome. It looks like it’s available on Netflix, FWIW.
    Its one of the shows I saw bits and pieces off but never followed all the way through. I dont have Netflix or any streaming services but Ill find it somewhere.....eventually

Made the mistake of watching the new Netflix movie Spaceman with Adam Sandler, I knew better but gave it a shot anyway and of course it sucked.

Spoiler below…

He's on a year long space mission and in the middle of it his pregnant wife decides to leave him, an Alien gets aboard his space craft. But he’s a friendly alien that just wants to understand why he’s so lonely, the alien is a giant spider..

Of course he’s to blame for his wife leaving him in the middle of a dangerous mission because you know he placed his career in front of her needs. He’s a symbol of patriarchy and women need to walk away from it, but I have a feeling if the astronaut would have been female and her husband left her in the middle of a dangerous mission it would have played out differently.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    Made the mistake of watching the new Netflix movie Spaceman with Adam Sandler, I knew better but gave it a shot anyway and of course it sucked.

Spoiler below…

He's on a year long space mission and in the middle of it his pregnant wife decides to leave him, an Alien gets aboard his space craft. But he’s a friendly alien that just wants to understand why he’s so lonely, the alien is a giant spider..

Of course he’s to blame for his wife leaving him in the middle of a dangerous mission because you know he placed his career in front of her needs. He’s a symbol of patriarchy and women need to walk away from it, but I have a feeling if the astronaut would have been female and her husband left her in the middle of a dangerous mission it would have played out differently.
    Especially if her husband was pregnant.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Especially if her husband was pregnant.
    Hey it’s 2024 America, men can be pregnant.

User Tag List