Page 788 of 819 FirstFirst ... 288688738778786787788789790798 ... LastLast
Results 7,871 to 7,880 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by Gary1911A1 View Post
    The kicking a car bumper so hard the air bag deploys has been done before.
    https://youtu.be/vlnl96Eq9-Q?si=tyxCRq6MmxmmHBJO
    It had to be Steven Seagal! 🤣

We like S2 of Reacher, but the other actors make the show enjoyable.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    Rebel Moon - Part One

Attachment 112868

4 of 5 stars

OK, It's "Dune." I don't regret the time I spent watching it and will probably catch the next part, but it's "Dune."

Cinematography and special effects are great, lots of over the top action. You'll definitely have to suspend disbelief when the main character (female) takes down a literal army by herself. Yeah, she's special. It's also predictable. Five minutes in you know how it will end, that's if you don't already just from the previews.

Again, if you like the "Dune." genre, you'll probably enjoy this. I'll give it a qualified recommendation.
    To me it felt like the Temu version of Star Wars. I'll probably watch part 2, but I'll feel dirty after.

Chris

Site Supporter
    Agreed, before it was cool, and IIRC same Beretta on the movie posters...

pat

Quote Originally Posted by UNM1136 View Post
    Agreed, before it was cool, and IIRC same Beretta on the movie posters...

pat
    I remember reading that as well. The Beretta Bruce Willis had in Die Hard was the same gun Mel Gibson used in Lethal Weapon.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Lockwood & Co
    Netflix. 8 episodes.
    An interesting fantasy premise.
    In the early 1970s murderous ghosts manifested all over the Earth, able to kill with a touch. Fast forward 50 years and millions are dead. Technology has stalled at a mid-80s level. The world is in a permanent depression.
    Only certain children can detect them so at age 13 they get voluntold into the fight and sent to training. In their late teens or early 20s this ability disappears, leaving them pretty much unemployable except as burnt out alcoholic trainers.
    The casualty rate is very, very high.

Alas.
    It's very much younger YA, with a crew of plucky teens dealing with feckless adults and "meaningless" rules.
    A mediocre cast, poor effects and storylines that are straight out of "The Hardy Boys"(the books...not Delta Force) and plot holes to sail a container ship through.
    Made it through 2 eps and punched out.
    Based on a very popular book series and from the glowing reviews it follows the books faithfully.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    I remember reading that as well. The Beretta Bruce Willis had in Die Hard was the same gun Mel Gibson used in Lethal Weapon.
    Just to clarify… literally the SAME gun? As in, the same serial number?

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    https://www.pewpewtactical.com/guns-...riggs-beretta/

https://www.shootingillustrated.com/...d-sold-online/

@jh9 beat me the punch, while I was editing my post.
    Last edited by DMF13; 12-26-2023 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    https://www.shootingillustrated.com/...d-sold-online/

“Every film’s propmaster has several pistols available for filming if any go down,” explained Doug Wicklund, senior curator, NRA museums. "Ours has the serial number shown on a poster, and it was also used in 'Lethal Weapon.'" He estimated most movies will have three on hand during filming, each fully capable of firing blanks during action scenes.
    I think it was the "hero gun" for Die Hard (used for the poster / close up shots, serial number presumably visible) and was also one of the regular blank firing guns used in Lethal Weapon. Most likely just used in some of the action scenes? Lethal Weapon was released in 1987 and Die Hard in 1988 so it probably was one of the working guns not too scuffed up or damaged while filming Lethal Weapon or other movies around the same time?

The "hero gun" S&W revolver ("the bapty") from Raiders of the Lost Ark was on gunbroker not too long ago. But generally I think they have a bunch of them they use interchangeably unless there are close-up shots. So one serial number could feature as the hero gun in one movie and as just another blank firing prop in another.

Quote Originally Posted by DMF13 View Post
    @jh9 beat me the punch, while I was editing my post.
    The Bapty was on gunbroker back in 2021 which is when I first heard about the concept of there being multiple guns with (usually) only one of them used for close-up work. It seems even Hollywood does the "two is one, one is none" thing.

So if you had a few million bucks burning a hole in your pocket and specifically wanted the gun Harrison Ford used in the shootout with the sword-wielding dude that was your chance. Otherwise, there were other, similar guns used by that actor in that movie that were subtly different and only used in various action scenes. The sort of person with a few million dollars to blow on a deactivated gun would probably make a distinction between them. Everyone else, I guess they're all just "movie guns" that happened to be in that movie.

Site Supporter
    "Starfish" - 2016

Name:  Starfish.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  10.2 KB

5 of 5 stars - On Prime.

There are at least two other movies of that name. The 2018 version is an end of the world Sci-Fi. I haven't seen it. The 2023 version looks to be a Bollywood romance. Haven't seen it either.

This one tells the true story of Tom Ray, played by Tom Riley.

Be warned, this is a graphic depiction of a tragic story. Mr. Ray loses his lower arms and legs as well as much of his face due to sepsis. His wife, played by Joanne Froggatt, is nine months pregnant when he is hospitalized.

He wakes up after a five month induced comma to find much of his body gone and that he now has a five month old baby. The story covers the familie's fight to overcome this tragedy and stay together.

This one is not for everybody. You can find as much depression as inspiration in this film. At the end, I personally felt it was a good watch.

User Tag List