Page 615 of 819 FirstFirst ... 115515565605613614615616617625665715 ... LastLast
Results 6,141 to 6,150 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

This weekends movies were Kung Fu Panda 3 and Death Wish (the one with Bruce Willis). Both were... okay I guess, but nothing special. Kung Fu Panda 3 did make me want to get back to martial arts like most decent Kung Fu movies do, and while Death Wish wasn't really all that as a movie, it entertained me to think how leftist movie reviewers must have been freaked out by it, so they were okay entertainment. You're not really missing much if you haven't seen these, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco Benson View Post
    Finished "Manifest" last night...3 seasons, 2 on Netflix, 1 on Hulu.

Pretty fair, as far as it went. That's the problem. They only got in 3 seasons before they got cancelled and they did not end season 3 with even a somewhat satisfactory wrap-up episode. I think these series should have a decent, if not fully decisive, wrap up at the end of each season. "Manifest" did nothing of the sort. They wasted my time for 3 seasons with no pay-off.

Last time I was as annoyed with a series was "Lost".

Rosco
    Wait, Manifest is cancelled? Well yeah, fawkin' A, man, that's a lot of episodes and build to not reach anything remotely close to a conclusion. Something tells me they didn't know were it was going, anyway.

I find that these sci-fi-lite summer shows with a semi-intriguing plot die off pretty often. THe fact it made 3 seasons beats most of the shows me and my wife start to follow.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Site Supporter
    The Tomorrow War was good harmless escape, especially for free.

(Those magazines from the future have a massive capacity -- pretty amazing!)

I watched The Tomorrow War and enjoyed it. I liked the 1301 with the red dot.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Wife is out of town so the Rotties and I watched:

Predator yesterday and Alien today. Movies are timeless classics.

I remember watching Predator when it first came out- never would have put Ahnold and The Body in governors mansions. Then again- never would have thought Bruce Jenner ending up where he did.
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    Just finished it. Much better than I expected.
    I fell asleep watching on Friday night, not long after they made the jump to the future. Wife fell asleep after some of the fighting that she said was "nothing new". I'll eventually go back and watch the rest. Wife says she's seen enough.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by holmes168 View Post

"Predator" has one of the best scores ever.

Rosco

Quote Originally Posted by holmes168 View Post

I remember watching Predator when it first came out- never would have put Ahnold and The Body in governors mansions. Then again- never would have thought Bruce Jenner ending up where he did.
    That’s a classic 80s action double feature.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    Tried "Jupiter's Legacy" on Netflix. Couldn't make it past half way through the second episode. The old man is such a coward. And he wraps his cowardice up in a "legacy" code of "we can't kill". Sounds so great in comic books. But even in the show, he had to choose between the death of one bad guy, or hundreds of thousands of innocent people. The dilemma for him was that he would have to kill the one bad guy, soiling his conscience. On the other hand, if he just sits there with his thumbs up his butt, hundreds of thousands of people will die. But his hands are clean, or so he reasons in his cowardly calculation.
    My impression of the show is that it's an argument that the responsible thing to do is to not take any responsibility. (Typical liberal, "Leave it to the "authorities.") By the logic I've seen so far in the show, a police sniper is far more damnable for shooting the bad guy who was about to kill a hostage, than the bad guy who was about to kill a hostage.
    I'll find something else to spend my time on.
    I didn’t get that message at all. In fact, having now finished the series, I’d say it’s pretty devoid of political message, and if there’s any message at all it’s more about an internal, politically agnostic, one.

I too stopped initially after only an episode or two, and then went back to it largely due to nothing else being in. Glad I did, as I enjoyed it.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Watching Titans today. I’m a couple of episodes in. I’m liking it so far. Fits with the darker/grittier vein we’ve seen in some comic book movies and such in recent years. Plus Robin is a badass, which is kinda weird/cool.

My kids watched the animated Teen Titans Go a few years ago, and I saw a few episodes with them, so I’m vaguely familiar with the less well known characters in the show.

Titans, however, is NOT for kids on any level.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

User Tag List