Page 802 of 819 FirstFirst ... 302702752792800801802803804812 ... LastLast
Results 8,011 to 8,020 of 8190

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

I watched Oppenheimer over the weekend. Not great, not terrible, but it's about an hour longer than it needs to be. The last 45 mins or so really drags.

Argylle: stream it if you have nothing better to do, otherwise skip it. A fever dream with a lot going on and no direction.

Mr and Mrs Smith: a pleasant surprise. Not a straight up redux and differentenough to be interesting.

True Detective: Night Country: the jury's still out on this one. Better than seasons 2&3, but falling short of season 1. Very atmospheric, you feel the cold just from watching.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

"Harvey", the Jimmy Stewart classic. Of course I liked it! (I've seen it about a billion times over the years.)
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Loudermilk - we finished the whole thing; worth our time. The last few episodes got a bit formulaic, but there were still a bunch of gut-punch moments, and Loudermilk showing some real character growth.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Argylle: stream it if you have nothing better to do, otherwise skip it. A fever dream with a lot going on and no direction.

Mr and Mrs Smith: a pleasant surprise. Not a straight up redux and differentenough to be interesting.

True Detective: Night Country: the jury's still out on this one. Better than seasons 2&3, but falling short of season 1. Very atmospheric, you feel the cold just from watching.
    Argyle was basically over for me after Dua left. Season 2 of True Detective was a standout for me due to the usually prissy McAdams portrayal of a generationally traumatized, blade loving rode hard and put away wet detective with a heart of, if not gold, a least well cast brass. Vince Vaughn’s character was well done also.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Quote Originally Posted by FNFAN View Post
    Argyle was basically over for me after Dua left. Season 2 of True Detective was a standout for me due to the usually prissy McAdams portrayal of a generationally traumatized, blade loving rode hard and put away wet detective with a heart of, if not gold, a least well cast brass. Vince VaughnÂ’s character was well done also.
    Sadly, Dua Lipa was the highpoint of that movie.

I think season 2 of TD gets a lot of undeserved hate. Vince Vaughn was doing what he always does and doing it pretty well. The rest of the cast was strong. Season 3 was like watching paint dry.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

The greatest night in Pop on Netflix

Making of "We Are The World"

Very entertaining

Site Supporter
    Griselda

Name:  SophiaGreselda.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  42.8 KB

Interesting to compare the real Griselda, Sofía Vergara as Griselda and Sofía Vergara.

As a rule, I'm not a big fan of drug lord movies. This one was a bit different. It is supposed to be biographic. That made it more interesting, but I'm not going to think I'm an expert on Griselda Blanco based on a Neflix series.
    She had some compelling aspects in that she excelled in a man's world, but she also killed people. Not exactly a role model.
    I never watched "Modern Family," so the only thing I knew of Sofía Vergara was from "America's Got Talent." The lady's got some acting chops.
    The wife and I enjoyed the series. I'd advise somebody to check it out.

I liked Griselda too but what was up the CGI-ish job they did on her face? I hardly recognized her.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    I never watched "Modern Family," .
    If you like comedies, you should. But, much like the original Arrested Development, a lot of things happen quickly and you have to be paying attention to fully appreciate it.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

User Tag List