Page 789 of 819 FirstFirst ... 289689739779787788789790791799 ... LastLast
Results 7,881 to 7,890 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Apparently, Zack Snyder agreed to do Rebel Moon only if he got "director's cuts" of both films, so there's a three-hour, R-rated version coming sooner or later. I doubt the extra hour is going to do much for the movie - the whole thing needed to be a ten-part miniseries to make the various ends meet.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6225520/?ref_=ttfc_fc_tt

Over the holiday my wife and I watched The Man Who Invented Christmas, about struggling writer Charles Dickens trying to come up with something. Life keeps beating him over the head with hints until he finally comes up with the inspiration for A Christmas Carol. We thought it was brilliant, then we immediately turned around and watched A Christmas Carol with George C Scott.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick R View Post

Over the holiday my wife and I watched The Man Who Invented Christmas, about struggling writer Charles Dickens trying to come up with something. Life keeps beating him over the head with hints until he finally comes up with the inspiration for A Christmas Carol. We thought it was brilliant, then we immediately turned around and watched A Christmas Carol with George C Scott.
    The Man Who Invented Christmas is a great movie. It is very original.

I finished watching the third season of the Mandalorian. It was okay, but it had some plot filler that really drug the show down in the second and third episodes, which made it hard to watch. I turned it off a couple of times.

I rewatched a chunk of season one of the Mandalorian. I think what made it so great was that it is essentially a serial western, without a lot of nonsensical boring plot development that is the bane of some of the Star Wars movies.

(I only subscribe to Disney for a month or so at a time, just to see what is on it and then get rid of it for 9 months or so.)

Site Supporter
    Wife and I went to see Boys in the Boat a few days ago.... I enjoyed the movie but found myself wanting more background character development on the team members. At >2 hours, I suppose there wasn't much time to add that to the film.

Wife had read the book and said the movie did a good job portraying the action parts, but said the book was much better for understanding where the boys came from and the hardships they endured growing up just prior to WWII.

I've got the book in my Kindle...
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

"Alphonse" on Netflix. French miniseries about a schmucky watch salesman who takes over his eldery father's male gigolo business. All his clients are very old ladies and most of them are crazy. This show is REALLY French. And pretty funny if you like absurdity.

Starring the hilarious Jean Dujardin (those of you who like James Bond and have never seen him in the satiric OSS117 flicks are missing a real treat).

Bonus points for casting Serge Gainsbourg's daughter as Alphonse's bitchy, closeted lesbian wife.

You can listen to it dubbed into English if reading subtitles isn't your thing, but in the original French "Merde!" really means something.

Defintely not kid-friendly as there's lots of explicit sexual content and a whole lot of dirty talk. Like I said, it's FRENCH.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Wife and I went to see Boys in the Boat a few days ago.... I enjoyed the movie but found myself wanting more background character development on the team members. At >2 hours, I suppose there wasn't much time to add that to the film.
    I saw TBitB with my family on Christmas, and I pretty much agree with you. There was the main blond guy, his buddy, the guy that got sick and then... five other guys who never really got out of the background and had no character development to speak of.

Then for the second movie that I've seen in the theater since COVID*, I saw Godzilla Minus One this evening. Way more character development than you'd expect for a Godzilla movie, which I didn't mind at all. But
    Spoiler (highlight to read):
    I thought the screenwriter really wimped out at the end when the pilot ejected instead of kamikazi-ing into Godzilla's face.
    Spoiler (highlight to read):
    But then I thought the screenwriter really wimped out when he had the love interest survive.

*I just got out of the habit, more than anything else. Also if you take your 6 year-old kid to the movies, please consider that a subtitled film may not be the best choice if they can't read at an adult speed and instead spend the movie loudly whispering "WHAT DID HE SAY?". But I'll take two of those kids over the TikTok-addled Zoomer who can't shut off his phone because he finds the movie boring(?) or just isn't stimulated enough and so has to have two screens going at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Tapatio View Post
    "Alphonse" on Netflix. French miniseries about a schmucky watch salesman who takes over his eldery father's male gigolo business. All his clients are very old ladies and most of them are crazy. This show is REALLY French. And pretty funny if you like absurdity.
    It’s over on PRIME now and it’s hilarious!👍
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick R View Post

The wife and I just caught it. I really enjoyed it.

Site Supporter
    Twin Life: Sharing Mind and Body

Name:  twinlife.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  83.0 KB

On Prime

Do not confuse with "Twin Love."

This is an amazing story of twin girls born joined at the head. They share brain tissue and can feel each other's bodies, taste what each other tastes, and see out of each others eyes. This documentary was made i 2014. The girls were born in 2006.

I'd never heard of them. The mother has stopped doing interviews, so I couldn't find anything newer than this documentary. But I also never ran across an obit, so I have hopes they are still alive.

This is an incredible show and I can't recommend it enough.

I watched the 4th season of Jack Ryan. I enjoyed it. Jack becomes acting deputy director of the CIA and suspects his predecesor of running dirty black opps for profit.

I also watched The Man Who Killed Hitler and then the Bigfoot. Hated it. The movie isn't really about either of those things. Sam Elliot plays an old man who mopes around his hometown and then gets approached by the US and Canadian governments to kill Bigfoot because it's paitent zero for some plauge. Of course he refuses at first and then later agrees. Hunting and killing Bigfoot is 20 or 30 minutes of the movie. It drags on and it's just boring.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

User Tag List