Page 370 of 819 FirstFirst ... 270320360368369370371372380420470 ... LastLast
Results 3,691 to 3,700 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by WeepingAngel View Post
    The term you're looking for is compression. That being said, I have no idea how it integrates into something like a home theater setup, or how well. Its most frequent use is in audio mixing and mastering.
    Some HT receivers and TVs also have a 'night mode' setting in the audio menu, which compresses the sounds so dialogue is louder and explosions are toned down.

I've found this mode can be hit or miss depending on the setup.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Site Supporter
    I need your help in recalling a movie I watched when I was a kid.

The movie either aired on TNT or TBS (pretty sure it was TNT) in either the late 90s/early 2000s. I am unsure if it was an original movie or a theatrical release that later aired on TV.

The plot involves a group of guys going hunting. At some point they are attacked by a mysterious guy who harms some of them and kidnaps one of them. It is later discovered that he is attacking them because his son was killed in a hunting accident many years before and he now tries to hurt hunters. They spend their time trying to get away from him.

Don't even remember the movie being that good, I am just going crazy trying to remember the name. Can anyone help?

Informer on Amazon Prime. If you like Bosch or The Wire, you'll probably like it. If you're not a fan of Brit slang and accents, you're going to have trouble understanding what's going on.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Informer on Amazon Prime. If you like Bosch or The Wire, you'll probably like it. If you're not a fan of Brit slang and accents, you're going to have trouble understanding what's going on.
    We saw that a few months back. Overall, I thought it was pretty well done.

(Some of those young lads needed a wood shampoo desperately.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I lile Bosch and The Wire. Gonna try it. THanks

We are about to start up on the new season of Bosch (watched a few over again from last season to get back in the grove), and I have been making my way back through The Wire when I am on the treadmill and traveling (we started it but never made it all the way through), so I added this to the watch list. When I watch from my phone or laptop I listen through my Bluetooth headphones so that might help with the slang.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    I need your help in recalling a movie I watched when I was a kid.

The movie either aired on TNT or TBS (pretty sure it was TNT) in either the late 90s/early 2000s. I am unsure if it was an original movie or a theatrical release that later aired on TV.

The plot involves a group of guys going hunting. At some point they are attacked by a mysterious guy who harms some of them and kidnaps one of them. It is later discovered that he is attacking them because his son was killed in a hunting accident many years before and he now tries to hurt hunters. They spend their time trying to get away from him.

Don't even remember the movie being that good, I am just going crazy trying to remember the name. Can anyone help?
    Google guess:
    Hunters Are for Killing (1970)?
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    The Boys (Amazon Prime) - Just finished the first episode and it looks like Amazon put real effort into this. It's based on a graphic novel written by the same guy that wrote Preacher. Never seen the show Preacher, so I can't make a comparison there, but the graphic novels were smart, frequently funny, and kept the grotesqueness dialed to 11 from start to finish.

It's looking like Amazon kept pretty close to the source material. We'll see how the rest of the series plays out.
    I enjoyed it.

Within 10 minutes you'll know you ain't in the MCU anymore.

There is a lot of laugh out loud humor, a lot of sexual ickiness, and a level of brutality taken to its' logical conclusion.

One supe is a scary sociopath, and the blonde is channeling Buffy the Vampire Slayer so hard she oughta be named Sarah.

Could have made a very tight 1 season series, but they are going to keep it going.

The Boys

Halfway through the first season and I don't know if it's really grabbing me. This is probably due to my feeling of over saturation with the whole superhero thing. If you're into people doing crazy things while dressed in stupid clothes this one's probably for you.

Jett

Series starring Carla Gugino as a professional thief. This one is very reminiscent of the Parker novels. In fact, I've heard several very familiar names used, so it may be a female led adaption. It features good pacing and style and ,well, Carla Gugino.

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

The least violent Tarantino movie I've scene, although there is a flamethrower in the climax. I debated about seeing this one, since I find Tarantino mostly sophomoric, reductive and just overrated. However, the quality of the cast drew me in. Pitt and DiCaprio are outstanding in their respective roles. Margot Robbie is under utilized as Sharon Tate. Tarantino seems to have a highschool senior viewpoint on women, so this was expected. I wondered if Robbie was hired to simply strut around in a white miniskirt and gogo boots. While she does elevate that to a near religious experience, she's a talented actor and her abilities aren't well used here. Sharon Tate herself isn't fleshed out to any degree either, serving mainly as a cardboard cutout and an adolescent boys wet dream. Fortunately, the movie really isn't about Tate or what happened to her. These events only serve as something of a back story for two aging men at the end of Hollywood's golden era. One of the few things that's always impressed me about Tarantinos work is his almost hyper devotion to detail. That's on full display here, perhaps better than any of his other movies. The production is chock-a-block full of 1969 references. Nothing is overlooked, even the smallest details. The movie nails the Summer of Love's sunset perfectly. In the end I did enjoy it more than I expected to.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Jett

Series starring Carla Gugino as a professional thief. This one is very reminiscent of the Parker novels. In fact, I've heard several very familiar names used, so it may be a female led adaption. It features good pacing and style and ,well, Carla Gugino.
    Being a fan of the Parker novels, I think I need to check this one out.
    Last edited by JSGlock34; 07-28-2019 at 02:56 PM.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

User Tag List