Page 154 of 812 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164204254654 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 8111

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    'The Orville' is more 'Star Trek' than 'Galaxy Quest.' I would have preferred 'Galaxy Quest,' honestly. I'll continue watching it, but it's kind of an awkward show.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Site Supporter
    "Only the Brave" is outstanding. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Only_t...ve_(2017_film). Those who have attended Gunsite will recognize the surroundings. Best, ELN.

Watched Lethal Weapon this afternoon. Hard to say what looks better- Mel Gibson's hair or the 92FS.
    Last edited by holmes168; 10-23-2017 at 05:27 PM.
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

Re watched Man on Fire recently. Never saw it all the way through in one sitting, and I'm glad I finally did. The story had one or 2 glaring holes to me, but it was still awesome. Denzel can be an amazing actor sometimes; others he seems to fall flat. Of course Christopher Walken can't hurt either, and it's nice to see him in a role were he is not basically a parody of himself. Anyways, as not too many newer flicks are catching my eye, so I'm having fun looking back in time to movies I don't think will leave me feeling like I wasted 1.5 to 2 hours of my life.
    Last edited by Paltares8; 10-23-2017 at 07:29 PM.

I saw on Netflix, The Punisher release looks to be 11/17. Should be fun, if you like that type of stuff.

Watched The Infiltrator this evening. Pretty good movie, but was a bit long- plus it's hard to see Walter White in anything except BB.

Quote Originally Posted by holmes168 View Post
    Watched The Infiltrator this evening. Pretty good movie, but was a bit long- plus it's hard to see Walter White in anything except BB.
    In truth, he was a little long in the tooth for the role but it was still an interesting depiction of the case (with several liberties taken for dramatic license).

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    What Happened to Monday (Netflix) - I really wanted to like this movie. I like dystopian sci-fi and I like Noomi Rapace, so I figured this would be an easy call. The movie doesn't quite get there unfortunately.

The premise is that in response to a worldwide food shortage, scientists genetically engineered food that was more resistant to harsh conditions. Whatever they did to the food made women especially fertile, so instead of giving birth to a child, they started giving birth to entire litters. This resulted in massive over-population, so the government put in place a restriction on the number of kids a family could keep and the other siblings would be put into storage.

Enter septuplets that were smuggled out of the system and survived into adulthood. The sisters take turns going outside one day a week and they work together to keep the outside world thinking they're just one person. The government would face a credibility crisis if the public were to find out seven sisters evaded the system for so long, so when the sisters are discovered, the government tries to sweep things under the rug.

The plot sort of works if you don't think too hard. There are some interesting implications to consider, for instance: what do the other six sisters do if one becomes romantically involved? Lots of plot holes, but the movie moves quick enough you only notice them in retrospect.

Rapace does a good job as the seven sisters, but the rest of the cast is pretty wooden. The action is hyper-violent and kind of ridiculous. There's a great twist at the end but I'm not sure if it made the rest of the movie worth it. Unless you're just a fan of Noomi, I'd avoid.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Finished Bosch Season 3...I actually think the show has gotten better with each season. Not the most original show, but a well executed police procedural. Someone needs to show Bosch how to hold his Kimber though (and which direction his spare magazines should point).

Totally loving Stranger Things 2 right now...
    Last edited by JSGlock34; 11-10-2017 at 07:59 PM.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Siege of Jadotville on Netflix. It was decent, not great, but worth a watch if for no other reason than it depicts a part of history that popular entertainment is happy to avoid. Not a lot of movies about the decolonization of Africa so I'll take what I can get.

Santa Clarita Diet, also on Netflix. Drew Barrymore is always cute and Timothy Olyphant is always funny. It's not highbrow entertainment but I'm happy to see Season 2 got greenlighted.

Obviously don't need to recommend Stranger Things 2 because anybody who liked ST1 is already watching it and anybody who didn't like ST1 is probably not a real person.
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

User Tag List