Page 819 of 819 FirstFirst ... 319719769809817818819
Results 8,181 to 8,187 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Cool Stranger Things

I'm finishing watching Stranger Things! Simply a top series, addictive from the first minute.

Site Supporter
    1. Shogun- on episode 3 and holding up nicely.

2. Finished Game of Thrones S1-8. Ebbed and flowed as any 8 season endeavor does. A little too tidy ending.

3. Finished the S1 prequel- certainly solid.

4. Tracker-I wanted to like it because of how good he was in This is Us. Big let down.

5. Fire Country- I wanted to like it because of how good the lead was in Seal Team 6. Not as much of a let down.

6. Abbot Elementary. Married to a teacher so I get a bit more of the inside baseball. Funny enough.

7. Bernie Mac- I forgot how funny he was God rest his soul.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Quote Originally Posted by MK11 View Post
    That's a narrative that existed long before the Internet. And Tim Pool is a phony.

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/580fc32...9-cee0c5a44894
    I think you missed my point. And, not that I’m invested in Pool, but what is he a phony at? Being a popular and sensationalist right of center podcaster? I wasn’t aware that he had any other activities, besides some skateboarding.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    It gets worse. I hope this link works, because this guy is a raging ass and a fool!

https://www.foxnews.com/media/reache...r-speaking-out

Snippet: "Cops get away with murder all the time, and the fact that we can’t really hold them accountable for their improprieties is disturbing to me. We should completely reform the way that we do it," he declared, adding, "I mean, you shouldn’t have to spend more time getting an education as a hairstylist than as a cop who’s armed with a deadly weapon."

My wife and I went to see Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare as an in theatre date night. The movie was entertaining in a lotsa silenced Sten gunning followed by big explosions kind of way. The next morning I see Alan Asshat’s comment about police and immediately regret spending one cent at a movie he’s in.

Site Supporter
    Black Sails

Name:  BlackSails.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  14.7 KB

On Netflix

The wife and I are rewatching Black Sails. It was originally on Starz. We caught it when in came out in 2014, but we're at an age now that we can watch a show 10 years later and it's almost like seeing it for the first time.
    The show is a dark prequel to the book "Treasure Island." The main character is Captain Flint for whom Silver's parrot is named in "Treasure Island." We also meet Silver before he became Long John Silver, and Billy Bones. By the end of the series we learn the origin of the treasure in "Treasure Island."
    Good writing, great acting, and fantastic sets. It's certainly worth a watch if you haven't seen it.

The opening music is by Bear McCreary and played on a Hurdy Gurdy which give sit a distinctive sound.

I've started a rewatch of Fallout.
    Now that I am familiar with the world building I catch a lot more humor, slyness and absurdity.
    I'd forgotten the Asian electronics tech who went in dry on Maximus when she repaired his armor doodad.
    She was a lot of character for maybe 90 seconds of screen time: The look, the distorted voice, the attitude...the nonconsensual anal.
    And Thaddeus is my brother from another mother.

Site Supporter
    Was surfing on Max and saw the Crisis of Infinite Earths DC animation. So I watched it. Not bad, watching alternate universe superheroes in action. Better than watching House Hunters.

I recall getting the first Justice League comic when I was a tyke. If I had saved that, I could buy a few Staccatos. I still have my baby shoes though.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

User Tag List