Page 654 of 820 FirstFirst ... 154554604644652653654655656664704754 ... LastLast
Results 6,531 to 6,540 of 8192

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Queen of the South. Started off good, but then turned into the same thing over and over again. I think the actors do a great job which has gotten me to season 3. The writing is the problem. There is no way someone this stupid (as written) would have survived this long. A part of me wants to finish it for completion, but I have really lost interest.
    Just finished the 2 current seasons of Who Killed Sarah. Kind of a reversal of my review above in that the acting wasn’t as good, but the stories were well done. Since this was dubbed, some can be blamed on the voice actors. Looking forward to Season 3.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Eternals. If there is a worse movie in the Marvel Comic Universe, I am not aware of it. It was long and pointless. There were six people in the theater when the movie started, and four of them left for an ending. I wish we had.

Quote Originally Posted by corneileous View Post
    Me and the girlfriend finally watched that new Ghostbusters afterlife movie Saturday night and if you haven’t seen it, I highly recommend it, it’s pretty good. We both enjoyed it quite well. I thought it was well thought out thought they did a pretty good job with it and just so you know, this has nothing to do with that financial disaster Ghostbusters movie that came out several years ago. This is a direct sequel so basically both of the original two but is pretty much aimed more at the first one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I saw this tonight and loved it. Fun movie and great tribute to the originals, and yes it completely ignores the abortion from a few years back.

Site Supporter
    "Last Days on Mars" 2013. Decent cast including Liev Schrieber and Olivia Williams. Netflix synopsis made it sound like they discovered an extinct civilization days before leaving. Sounded good. What I got was Space Zombies!
    Can't recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise_A View Post
    Cowboy Bebop on Netflix is decent. Pretty faithful to the source material, just the right amount of campy. One and a third-ish episodes in (I was tired). Good if you like SciFi, and the gun selection is interesting. So far, an IMI Jericho and a Walther Q4 Tactical have made an appearance.
    Apparently, Nexflix cancelled. FWIW, I only watched the first episode so I guess I'm part of the low ratings.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Site Supporter
    I thought BeBop was boring. I watched Shang-Chi, it was a good movie as far as excitement and fight scenes. Good acting. Some plot holes if you wanted to dwell on it but so what. As usual, with martial arts movies some of the fights could have been resolved with a bunch of modern firearms rather than the melee charge of spinning dudes.

The latest Grand Tour episode, "Carnage a Tois", wasn't even as good as the previous episode. And the previous one was already a disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    I thought BeBop was boring...
    I couldn’t make it through the first episode.

I saw "West Side Story" in a theater last Saturday. Great cast, great songs, great choreography. It really didn't deviate significantly from the original. Worth the time and ticket.

One of my friends, who hasn't seen it, dismissed it as "woke". He couldn't cite what was "woke" about it. He just skimmed some article in which some pundit damned it. I reminded him that it was always about poor white kids hating poor Puerto Rican kids....and vice versa.

IMO Ariana DeBose stole the show.

My wife and I are well into "Vice Principals" on HBO Max. I think Danny McBride is truly funny, plus is a better actor than people give him credit for. Walton Goggins is hilarious too and I stopped seeing him as Boyd Crowder early on.

Site Supporter
    Having lived in a Brooklyn apartment house and grown up with folks of various ethnicity, I thought the original was stupid then, despite liking some of the musical numbers as songs. I recall the part where the gal was singing down to her boy friend from her apartment window. I thought, where are the folks yelling STFU! - as would really happen. Also holding the dying dude rather than getting help or doing something. Even way back when, there was a comedy sketch of dying dude gasping - Get help, stop singing.

I recall a work conversation with an African-American in the early 60's. He said, we hate the Puerto Ricans, They hate us, We both hate the Jews. That was NYC. I had Puerto Rican lab partner, very nice girl - we got an "A" on our project. We didn't sing.

Here's what folks yelled out of apartment windows. We had a crazy old lady who fed pigeons on her windowsill. She used to yell out her window: I'm going to blow the house up! Many STFUs responded. One day, the gas lines in the sewer in back blew up. Send the manhole covers into space and flames from the inferno spouting out. Fun to see - probably a bad idea to watch. The power went out.

That night, the old lady yelled: Told you I would blow the house up. No one sang any songs or danced.

User Tag List