Page 577 of 817 FirstFirst ... 77477527567575576577578579587627677 ... LastLast
Results 5,761 to 5,770 of 8168

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by jfrasher View Post
    I watched money heist with my family and we really enjoyed that.
    Watching that now. Enjoyed the first two parts, more than part 3.

We watched the first season of "Money Heist" and neither of us could endure it after that. So repetitious, slow, and ultimately, ridiculous...imho.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Ava with Jessica Chastain. Part of the genre of female John Wicks. Due to personal circumstance becomes a super assassin. Her shots always kill. Her opponents miss a kill shot on her. Her punches and elbows disable easily. Same old, same old.

Red shirt and Star Wars Trooper abilities of opponents save her.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    "Adult Spelling Bee" episode of Letterkenny was one of my favorites so far.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Last night I watched The Big Ugly on Netflix. Man, I thought it had some potential - there's all these theme in there about friendship, family, cultural differences, all this stuff you could mine.

But no, it's pretty terrible. It's like it was written and directed by a guy who doesn't know any people well enough, to know what people are really like. Or, you know, to be maybe a little more fair, I think if you've never seen people in extreme circumstances, you probably don't want to try to write that, unless you have a really deep understanding of humanity generally.

You've got this aging goon played by Vinnie Jones, who's the longtime muscle and confidant for Malcolm McDowell, and they're in Virginia, I think they said, to cut a deal with an oil man (Ron Perlman) who has a really tight connection to McDowell, for reasons explained at the very end of the movie, which IMO kind of short-circuits the relationship for the viewer.

The brits are going to loan him a bunch of money because they want to get into something more legit, and he can't get financing from "Wall Street" for vague reasons about God and America, dammit.

Then Vinnie Jones' girlfriend goes missing, and the tightly connected families blow apart. Sounds like potential, right?

Well, if you like
    Spoiler (highlight to read):

life-or-death car chases being stopped by a conventional fence, say, or hillbilly armies emerging from the bush to battle the environmentally destructive oil industry, their loyalty having been purchased by buying a slurring trainwreck alcoholic drinks in a bar after he's been cut off, or people declaring themselves to have proven their manhood after breaking the necks of characters who've already taken a point blank shotgun blast to the chest from someone else,

maybe this is for you. Personally, I thought it was pretty weak. When it was over, Erin had started falling asleep and roused herself enough to say "I'd give that a two."

"A two out of what? Five? Ten?"

"Anything. Crabs."

"Two crabs out of five?"

"No, two out of crabs."

And then she was asleep. But I think she was right enough.
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Caught the first two episodes of the new All Creatures Great and Small on PBS. I translated for my wife. I admit it was hard for me to watch the new series; I lived in the UK for five years, read all the books, and of course watched the earlier BBC adaptation. I've seen two of the new episodes that have dropped so far, and they are growing on me.

Also: Saw WandaVision episodes one and two as well on Disney+. Not too sure what to make of this. It seems actually pretty stupid, but based on the foreshadowing hints of things to come, I am interested to see where it goes.

I've found myself watching a paradeof old TV series on Amazon: Bat Masterson, The Cisco Kid, Andy Griffith, Car 54 Where Are You? and presently Corner Gas. I watch about two episodes an evening before lights out. Don't have to think, just enjoy.

Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

“News of the World” was very enjoyable, though containing some ballistic unlikelihood and being fundamentally a little trite and pat. It’s got a little bit of the Dead Man’s Walk vibe to it, but there’s not nearly as much there there. Worth your time for free.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    “News of the World” was very enjoyable, though containing some ballistic unlikelihood and being fundamentally a little trite and pat. It’s got a little bit of the Dead Man’s Walk vibe to it, but there’s not nearly as much there there. Worth your time for free.
    Cool - where do you watch it for free?

Also, sounds like I should look into “Dead Man’s Walk”.

ETA - just bought the book (Dead Man’s Walk) digitally. Looking forward to reading it soon.

User Tag List