Page 505 of 819 FirstFirst ... 5405455495503504505506507515555605 ... LastLast
Results 5,041 to 5,050 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

We watched The General's Daughter last night. I hadn't watched it before. It was good but a bit predictable. It reminded me that 90's dramas and thrillers had a different feel to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    We watched The General's Daughter last night. I hadn't watched it before. It was good but a bit predictable. It reminded me that 90's dramas and thrillers had a different feel to them.
    Book was better; this was Nelson DeMille at his apex (along with The Gold Coast and The Charm School). Pretty good casting though.

I remember seeing the The General's Daughter with a friend - I was still active duty and he had recently hung up the uniform to join federal law enforcement. He kept laughing that Simon West seemed to feel the need to pack as many military tropes into the background of every single scene. Officers driving Humvees like POVs to evening mess wearing dress blues while helicopters fly overhead and formations singing cadence run by for PT.

"Hmm, not enough Army in this scene. Can we have a tank or something drive by?"

"Can do!"
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Book was better
    They usually are.

I remember seeing the The General's Daughter with a friend - I was still active duty and he had recently hung up the uniform to join federal law enforcement. He kept laughing that Simon West seemed to feel the need to pack as many military tropes into the background of every single scene. Officers driving Humvees like POVs to evening mess wearing dress blues while helicopters fly overhead and formations singing cadence run by for PT.

"Hmm, not enough Army in this scene. Can we have a tank or something drive by?"

"Can do!"
    Yep. That's part of what made these types of movies feel different in that timeframe. How much military does this scene need? All of it. Who gets a Humvee? Everyone.

Mystery Road

I saw this movie a couple of weeks ago. I watched it on Amazon tv, but found it on YouTube as well.

It's about an Aboriginal Detective investigating a murder and corruption in his Department located in the rural region of Australia. It was entertaining and a little different because it's an Australian film. Hugo Weaving from Matrix and a couple of other well known actors are in the movie. The finale is a pretty good shoot out.

https://youtu.be/yw23Ks_SEoo

Re-watching Mission Impossible TV series....John Vernon and Anthony Zerbe made great bad guys

Straw Dogs (1971)

Point blank

Laughing Policeman

Le Dernier Combat

Friends of Eddie Coyle

Hard Eight

I'm into the 4th season of Man in the High Castle but I don't really know what's going on and I'm not sure I really care.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by SkiDevil View Post
    I saw this movie a couple of weeks ago. I watched it on Amazon tv, but found it on YouTube as well.

It's about an Aboriginal Detective investigating a murder and corruption in his Department located in the rural region of Australia. It was entertaining and a little different because it's an Australian film. Hugo Weaving from Matrix and a couple of other well known actors are in the movie. The finale is a pretty good shoot out.

https://youtu.be/yw23Ks_SEoo
    That's about the only shootout I've ever seen with scoped bolt action rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    I'm into the 4th season of Man in the High Castle but I don't really know what's going on and I'm not sure I really care.
    Haven't seen the show, but I found the book unmemorable in spite of the interesting premise (the modern world after the Axis powers won WWII), not sure how they could string it out into multiple episodes in multiple seasons without a lot of expansion and embellishment.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

Quote Originally Posted by SAWBONES View Post
    Haven't seen the show, but I found the book unmemorable in spite of the interesting premise (the modern world after the Axis powers won WWII), not sure how they could string it out into multiple episodes in multiple seasons without a lot of expansion and embellishment.
    I was glad when I was finished with each.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Saw “Predator” the other night. Obscure Schwarzenegger flick that I’d never heard of. Lots of violence, shooting, profanity and the like. Not my cup of tea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List