Page 406 of 819 FirstFirst ... 306356396404405406407408416456506 ... LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,060 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    Watched El Camino. Basically a too-long episode of Breaking Bad.
    I remember the Bevis and Butthead movie...

Finished up The Spy on Netflixthis week. Baron Cohen was surprisingly quite good I thought. there were some cool cinemetographic moves that I appreciated, and I found the story interesting.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    The Movies That Made Us (Netflix) - A series of mini-documentaries about some of your favorite movies from the 80s, including 'Dirty Dancing', 'Home Alone', 'Ghostbusters', and 'Die Hard'. Each episode was fun, put together well and, if anything, way too short to really do justice to the films they covered.

Learned some interesting things, like how the set for 'Home Alone' was built almost entirely in an abandoned high school gym, and how the guy that played Karl in 'Die Hard' was an accomplished ballet dancer with minimal acting experience. I also didn't know 'Dirty Dancing' was the highest grossing independent film ever at the time and how it was produced by a direct-to-VHS company because none of the major studios were interested.

I think most folks on PF would get a kick out of the show, especially the 'Die Hard' episode.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    The Movies That Made Us (Netflix) - A series of mini-documentaries about some of your favorite movies from the 80s, including 'Dirty Dancing', 'Home Alone', 'Ghostbusters', and 'Die Hard'. Each episode was fun, put together well and, if anything, way too short to really do justice to the films they covered.

Learned some interesting things, like how the set for 'Home Alone' was built almost entirely in an abandoned high school gym, and how the guy that played Karl in 'Die Hard' was an accomplished ballet dancer with minimal acting experience. I also didn't know 'Dirty Dancing' was the highest grossing independent film ever at the time and how it was produced by a direct-to-VHS company because none of the major studios were interested.

I think most folks on PF would get a kick out of the show, especially the 'Die Hard' episode.
    We watched the Dirty Dancing episode and I crashed out somewhere partway through the Home Alone episode, but I agree these are really good.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    We watched the Dirty Dancing episode and I crashed out somewhere partway through the Home Alone episode, but I agree these are really good.

A lot of Dirty Dancing was filmed in Lake Lure, NC. A couple years ago, we ended up being there during the annual Dirty Dancing festival....unintentionally. What a ZOO! Clearly tons of folks really like that movie. I do too.

Lake Lure is a beautiful little town when it isn't overflowing with people.

Rosco

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco Benson View Post
    A lot of Dirty Dancing was filmed in Lake Lure, NC. A couple years ago, we ended up being there during the annual Dirty Dancing festival....unintentionally. What a ZOO! Clearly tons of folks really like that movie. I do too.

Lake Lure is a beautiful little town when it isn't overflowing with people.

Rosco
    When Dirty Dancing first came out on video, I was working a part time job in a stop & rob outside of Penn State that had 99 cent rentals. I can't even begin to explain how annoying and obsessive the townie hausfraus were who stalked the movie display, like Gollum in mom jeans, looking for that movie.
    Last edited by NEPAKevin; 12-04-2019 at 05:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    When Dirty Dancing first came out on video, I was working a part time job in a stop & rob outside of Penn State that had 99 cent rentals. I can't even begin to explain how annoying and obsessive the townie hausfraus were who stalked the movie display, like Gollum in mom jeans, looking for that movie.
    I laughed REALLY hard at this. Thanks.

Coulda been worse...

There's nothing civil about this war.

We watched Dean Martin’s 1968 Christmas Special and the Rat Pack in Saint Louis on YouTube last night.

Outstanding - far better than what passes the airwaves today.

When entertainment was.
    Semper Paratus,

Steve

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    War Dog: A Soldier's Best Friend (HBO) - A documentary about SOF K9s and their handlers. It is expertly composed, strikingly personal, and frequently difficult to watch. Highly recommended - just be forewarned, it doesn't have many happy endings.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

User Tag List