Page 556 of 819 FirstFirst ... 56456506546554555556557558566606656 ... LastLast
Results 5,551 to 5,560 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by holmes168 View Post
    Just started Hell on Wheels and after a half dozen episodes- it still has my interest
    Recommended. I guess I had never fully contemplated what an adventure building the railroad across the continent must’ve been. Whilel there are a lot of other plot meanderings, a lot of the background at least involves the challenges of railroad building in that era.

It interested me enough to prompt me to buy “Nothing Like It In the World“ by Srephen Ambrose to read more about the project. Many of the scenes from Hell on Wheels helped add color to the things that Ambrose describes in the book.

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    “Nothing Like It In the World“ by Srephen Ambrose to read more about the project.
    Excellent book, like most of Ambrose's work. He has a knack for describing incredible undertakings. Undaunted Courage was a great one as well.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DC_P View Post
    Excellent book, like most of Ambrose's work. He has a knack for describing incredible undertakings. Undaunted Courage was a great one as well.
    Agreed. I read that one last year. I do a lot of flying to the west coast, and have enjoyed looking down at the part of the country I’d just been reading about - first Lewis and Clark, and now the Transcontinental Railroad.

I started with his books on WWII, and then moved on to Ambrose's several other books on continental American history. Enjoyed them all.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by DC_P View Post
    Same. Hell On Wheels seems like the kind of show I would like, but I just could not get interested. Not really sure why...
    I enjoyed it initially, but dropped out when it became the Westward Expansion Soap Opera.

Site Supporter
    I'm working security at a 24 hr ER. The big TV in the lobby has been on Free Form channel for the last few days, and I've been watching their 25 days of Christmas. I guess Christmas movies Dec 1 through Christmas. Still waiting on Die Hard. Guess they're saving that till last.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    I'm working security at a 24 hr ER. The big TV in the lobby has been on Free Form channel for the last few days, and I've been watching their 25 days of Christmas. I guess Christmas movies Dec 1 through Christmas. Still waiting on Die Hard. Guess they're saving that till last.
    Have they shown Lethal Weapon?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    Not yet.

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    No, but they've shown Elf about 84 times

I have been really happy with The Mandalorian. Too bad the final three movies were subpar with the result of diminishing the Star Wars franchise in my eyes.
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

User Tag List