Page 636 of 819 FirstFirst ... 136536586626634635636637638646686736 ... LastLast
Results 6,351 to 6,360 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Copshop: if Guy Ritchie directed Assault on Precinct 13 this would be it.
    In just a few words, a most cogent explanation of why to check it out. Thanks!

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Copshop: if Guy Ritchie directed Assault on Precinct 13 this would be it. Everyone is effective in their given roles and the beautiful Alexis Louder is our newest and best female action hero. Far more enjoyable than I expected. Nothing groundbreaking, but a well executed actioner with some sardonic wit thrown in.
    Where is that to be found?
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Where is that to be found?
    In theatres.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Site Supporter
    Cry Macho was No Bueno.
    Certainly not worth a theater ticket.
    Even Dwight Yoakum, who I enjoy, pretty much phoned it in.
    The script would have made a better Disney animated movie. 5 year olds are better prepared for that level of suspension of disbelief.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

The Blood Pact

The Blood Pact on Masterpiece/PBS Prime TV…..3 seasons, ten episodes per season.

The pact involved is one between two 9 year old girls….and it’s repercussions for their respective parents. Engrossing and compelling drama.
    Gun Free Zones Aren’t an Inhibition….they’re an Invitation.

We went and saw Free Guy it was a fun movie. nothing more. Not one I'll re-watch at a later date, but good enough.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

The Bureau (French: Le Bureau des Légendes) is a French series in French with English subtitles on Amazon Prime. Brings up interesting aspects of life in a foreign intelligence service, like what if your undercover life is better than your real life when you return from your assignment. My favorite line (during a SERE type interrogation of a new agent): "I'm tired of hitting her, and I think she's cute". I'm almost through the first season.

Cry Macho: or perhaps more accurately, sleep soundly which is what I did several times. Glad we caught it on HBOmax instead of paying in the theater. Clint's made some great movies, but he needs to stop. He's looking and acting more and more like a corpse.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

A Very Secret Service (French, two seasons on Netflix) is fantastic. Set in 1960-61, I’d describe it as a blend of The Pink Panther, James Bond, Get Smart, and Charade. It addresses serious topics with great hilarity.

Red Sun, with Charles Bronson, Toshiro Mifune and Ursula Andress.
    In 1870 a Japanese Ambassador is carrying a historic sword to the President of the U.S. when his train is robbed and the sword stolen.
    One of the robbers (Bronson) was betrayed and left for dead. A samurai(Mifune) is tasked with recovering the sword and Bronson is compelled to help.
    A rather enjoyable movie with Bronson playing a wiseass with a real sense of humor. The great Mifune gave U.S. audiences what was probably one of the first depictions of a samurai as a professional soldier, and the 2 develop excellent chemistry together.
    Ursula Andress is stunning.
    Good action, witty and humorous dialogue and an interesting story make this a recommended watch. Watching Bronson getting his ass thoroughly kicked by Mifune is quite funny.
    Free on YouTube.

User Tag List