Page 84 of 817 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134184584 ... LastLast

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by cheshire_cat View Post
    Book: The Gunslinger (Dark Tower Series)
    I really hope the movie isn't just a hot mess, but in any case I expect mass hysteria from disappointed hardcore fans.

The only way the movie could possibly be any good is if it strays HEAVILY from the source material; two thirds of which is awful and nonsensical.

On Amazon Prime video I just watched The Witch and Into the Heart of the Sea. I really liked both. The Witch is very eerie.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    I really hope the movie isn't just a hot mess, but in any case I expect mass hysteria from disappointed hardcore fans.
    I have the same thoughts for Ghost in the Shell.

Quote Originally Posted by ReverendMeat View Post
    The only way the movie could possibly be any good is if it strays HEAVILY from the source material; two thirds of which is awful and nonsensical.
    Different strokes for different folks.

Quote Originally Posted by ReverendMeat View Post
    It does go off the rails a bit, but the series as a whole is pretty impressive for the way it weaves into the rest of King's work. And for sheer volume 😁

Site Supporter
    Watched Emerald City on demand. This is a modern Wizard of Oz - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emeral...28TV_series%29

It is so-so but there was a funny bit. The modern Dorothy (a full grown adult woman) makes it to Oz with a Glock. She is captured by the Wicked Witch who uses magic on her to induce pain. The Witch picks up the Glock and asks what magic it does and how does it work. Dorothy says to her that she is holding incorrectly. Turn it around and look at it. The witch does and asks what is next. Dorothy said: Pull on that little lever. That takes care of the Witch. Later her sisters ponder how she got such a neat hole in her forehead.

Working my way through Vikings. I'm somewhat impressed with how closely they hold the actual recorded history of the events they show. It's not perfect, and in places they've definitely taken a turn away from people, relationships, and timelines but it's far better than most who take names and places and write whateverthehelltheywant for a storyline (a pet peeve of mine).

Sicario.

What's our objective?

To dramatically overreact.

This flick approaches perfection.
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Quote Originally Posted by NETim View Post
    Sicario.

What's our objective?

To dramatically overreact.

This flick approaches perfection.
    I can only hope you intended sarcasm and "to dramatically overact". I think my eyes rolled back in my head so much when we watched it my wife thought I was having a seizure.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List