Page 818 of 821 FirstFirst ... 318718768808816817818819820 ... LastLast
Results 8,171 to 8,180 of 8204

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

It gets worse. I hope this link works, because this guy is a raging ass and a fool!

https://www.foxnews.com/media/reache...r-speaking-out

Snippet: "Cops get away with murder all the time, and the fact that we can’t really hold them accountable for their improprieties is disturbing to me. We should completely reform the way that we do it," he declared, adding, "I mean, you shouldn’t have to spend more time getting an education as a hairstylist than as a cop who’s armed with a deadly weapon."
    Last edited by FrankB; 04-20-2024 at 11:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    It gets worse. I hope this link works, because this guy is a raging ass and a fool!

Snippet: "Cops get away with murder all the time, and the fact that we can’t really hold them accountable for their improprieties is disturbing to me. We should completely reform the way that we do it," he declared, adding, "I mean, you shouldn’t have to spend more time getting an education as a hairstylist than as a cop who’s armed with a deadly weapon."

Wow, what an absolute ass!

Oh, and nice way to alienate your fan base. Then again, maybe he's tired of playing the tough guy and he will start playing nothing but romcom roles.

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    Wow, what an absolute ass!

Oh, and nice way to alienate your fan base. Then again, maybe he's tired of playing the tough guy and he will start playing nothing but romcom roles.
    I only watched that show because my wife liked it.* It always had anti-police, corrupt cop theme, so I guess his nonsense isn’t surprising.

*As of this morning, my wife is NO LONGER a fan. We’re done with everyone and anyone’s crap, and that extends to long time friends and family. Brothers and sisters are all straight in their thinking. They can’t be reasoned with, and can’t stop making their woke opinions on everything. Life is too short.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post

That's an unshakable article of faith among the Left(and an increasing number of the Right).
    A poll a few years back showed that a huge number of Americans believed that tens of thousands of unarmed black men were gunned down every year.

In later years I trained several rookies(male, female, black and white) who believed stuff like that coming on the force. Presumably they were cool with the idea...or thought they would Crusade against it.

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    That's an unshakable article of faith among the Left(and an increasing number of the Right).
    A poll a few years back showed that a huge number of Americans believed that tens of thousands of unarmed black men were gunned down every year.

In later years I trained several rookies(male, female, black and white) who believed stuff like that coming on the force. Presumably they were cool with the idea...or thought they would Crusade against it.
    What’s so concerning about it are the readily available facts that prove that is not the case. But the lie is still pushed forward and the meatheads like the Reacher guy just eat it up and spew it forward. The left in the west has taken propaganda and pushing a narrative to a new level, the old USSR, Nazi Germany, Japanese Empire and Fascist Italy would be impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post

At some point either earlier this year Tim Pool did a monologue on the origins of this on one of his podcasts. His theory is that social media algorithms feed and reproduce a cycle based on clicks and views, which were originally/are based on novelty and fear. To cut to the chase, there is an entire generation that grew up on viral videos of black men getting shot by police, and are therefore convinced by their own eyes that it happens all the time, despite facts and stats to the contrary. The monologue was quite good; I’m convinced that Pool is on to something regarding the causality and origins of this progressive left sacred cow.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

That's a narrative that existed long before the Internet. And Tim Pool is a phony.

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/580fc32...9-cee0c5a44894

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    Another case of dancing monkey shooting themselves in the foot, his job is to increase ratings not drive people away.
    That is exactly that right there, and I am an example. My wife and I really enjoy streaming episode shows, and are about to be looking for the next one, and I can just drop this from my watchlist. I do not care what he thinks, I care that he is too dumb to STFU long enough for me to be entertained.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    But it made no difference to me, I watched the first season and thought it was ok. But stopped watching the second season after the first episode, didn’t care for the plot.
    Back when it launched I watched a part of the first episode and tapped out. But I enjoyed the (audio) books, so I was starting to think about giving it another shot. Operative word was...

It is best to ignore what so called artists 'think.'

If I had to have my ideologies aligned with only the musicians/actors/writers who I listened to/watched/read, it would be down to my severely lacking creativity and imagination for entertainment
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

User Tag List