Page 502 of 819 FirstFirst ... 2402452492500501502503504512552602 ... LastLast
Results 5,011 to 5,020 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Just finished Devs. It was excellent.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Netflix was the 1st season of "Dirty John". I watched it over several days. It's quite good. Eric Bana's plays his character exceptionally well.

Rosco

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Watching "Saving Private Ryan",(again), because 'Murica.

I don't have adequate words for the real brave souls who shed their blood for our country "over there".
    When that was replaying later last night, I was moving back and forth between it and "The Searchers". Two very different stories but with a lot in common, strangely enough.

Later on Stagecoach, the original, came on; A lot more Shakespeare in Monument valley than the typical western of that era.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    When that was replaying later last night, I was moving back and forth between it and "The Searchers". Two very different stories but with a lot in common, strangely enough.

Later on Stagecoach, the original, came on; A lot more Shakespeare in Monument valley than the typical western of that era.
    I have had it, (Saving Private Ryan) on my DVR hard drive (and a dvd copy) for quite a while. Decided to get it out and dust it off last night. Last saw The Searchers a year or two back.

(It's anathema on this holiday, but I've never been the biggest fan of the Duke...by and large.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I have had it, (Saving Private Ryan) on my DVR hard drive (and a dvd copy) for quite a while. Decided to get it out and dust it off last night. Last saw The Searchers a year or two back.

(It's anathema on this holiday, but I've never been the biggest fan of the Duke...by and large.)
    There are actors who become such icons that they never play anything other than their main character and that's what the public wants to see. John Wayne can become tiring because of that, unless you're in the mood for that type of story and character.

John Wayne/Ethan Edwards in The Searchers superficially looks like every other John Wayne character, but he really isn't. Ethan Edwards is a mean, racist, angry bulldog that doesn't really know what to do unless he's hunting. The rest of the characters are more deeply drawn than in most other westerns. It's worth watching again for you, I think.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    There are actors who become such icons that they never play anything other than their main character and that's what the public wants to see. John Wayne can become tiring because of that, unless you're in the mood for that type of story and character.
    I don't know how you can say that about a man who so believably portrayed Genghis Khan...

(I should note that I'm struggling to keep a straight face writing this...)

Quote Originally Posted by WeepingAngel View Post
    I don't know how you can say that about a man who so believably portrayed Genghis Khan...

(I should note that I'm struggling to keep a straight face writing this...)
    *shudders*

What an awful reminder.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    I was in a true crime mood last night and found a series on Amazon called Home Alone, except it's not about Kevin McCallister spoiling the holiday plans of the Wet Bandits.

It's about real life home invasions with reenactments and commentary from the victims/survivors. It's basically a what-not-to-do-in-the-event-of-a-home-invasion.
    Tell me more about this... my search on Amazon under “Home Alone” only brings up the silly Christmas movies.

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    Tell me more about this... my search on Amazon under “Home Alone” only brings up the silly Christmas movies.
    I think this might be it...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/deta...ason_select_s1
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    That's the one.

User Tag List