Page 357 of 812 FirstFirst ... 257307347355356357358359367407457 ... LastLast
Results 3,561 to 3,570 of 8112

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SAWBONES View Post
    Open Range is one of my few "watch it again" modern Westerns, along with 3:10 to Yuma (the 2007 one).
    Not True Grit? I thought the 2010 movie was better than the 1969 one.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Not True Grit? I thought the 2010 movie was better than the 1969 one.
    Yeah, I liked both versions of that one equally well. The second one was truer to the book, though.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

There have been a ton of westerns I’ve enjoyed in the last fifteen years or so. Just off the top of my head: True Grit remake, 3:10 to Yuma remake, Appaloosa, Bone Tomahawk, Godless, Deadwood, Hostiles, Hell on Wheels. I’m sure I’m forgetting a couple.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    I binge watched the first 4 episodes of Yellowstone season 1 late last night. So far I really dig it. Even if the show sucked, the aesthetics are A+.

I need to add a couple more cowboy hats to my collection, that's for sure.

On a side note, I feel like Kevin Costner has been waiting his whole life to play these slightly older grumpy guy roles, like John Dutton in Yellowstone and Frank Hamer in The Highwaymen. I enjoy his current roles way more than anything he played in in his younger years.
    I was hoping Yellowstone would be really good, but even though the scenery is terrific the scripts are just so painfully bad. Costner does a decent job in his role but he can't save the writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    I was hoping Yellowstone would be really good, but even though the scenery is terrific the scripts are just so painfully bad. Costner does a decent job in his role but he can't save the writing.
    That's how I felt about Longmire.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    That's how I felt about Longmire.
    That's how I felt about the Longmire books after the first few. (It just got silly and I so wanted to buy into it because I love that part of the country and am pretty familiar with it.)

Never started the Yellowstone tv series because I was scared off it before making an attempt.
    Last edited by blues; 06-20-2019 at 09:25 AM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Site Supporter
    I watched multiple seasons of the EXPANSE - started slow but got better.

I can continue to enjoy stuff like Longmire even after it gets/got silly, just like I could get past the goofy stuff in Wind River, and I will probably watch Yellowstone and will probably enjoy it. Perhaps I got my mind right growing up watching Efrem Zimbalist Jr. shoot down helicopters with snub nose revolvers (ETA: From the hip!!!).

But I draw a line when the car chasing Charlie's Angles would flip over and blow up because it hit a crate of lettuce. That is just unrealistic...
    Last edited by mmc45414; 06-20-2019 at 10:28 AM.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Rocketman was pretty good.

But then there was this trailer:

Some of the latter Terminator movies drew a significant vacuum. But I'm curious.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    The last season of Veep got a little dark, although I guess that was the only way the show could have conceivably ended. Still though, easily one of the best comedies ever, and I will be re-watching it for many years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    But then there was this trailer:

Some of the latter Terminator movies drew a significant vacuum. But I'm curious.
    We have a whole thread about that movie.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

User Tag List