Page 441 of 820 FirstFirst ... 341391431439440441442443451491541 ... LastLast
Results 4,401 to 4,410 of 8195

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    Giri/Haji (Netflix) - A murder-mystery with a Japanese detective and a yakuza brother that jumps back and forth between Tokyo and London. Very slickly filmed and, while the overall tone is somber, the dialog has repeatedly surprised me with how funny it is.

We're only one episode into it, but if you're prepared to put up with subtitles, I'd say it's worth a try.
    I watched the whole thing a while back (shortly after it hit netflix). It was good, but the ending was weird.

Chris

Just watched The Abyss on HBO. Holds up surprisingly well. Despite not being available on Blu-Ray or via any HD streaming service (neither Prime nor Netflix), HBO is airing a beautiful HD remaster.

"When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Been watching the first season of The Sinner. It started out kinda slow but about halfway through it started getting interesting. It also got really really disturbing in a couple of the later episodes.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Watched the movie Outbreak on Netflix - it held up pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Gomorrah Seasons 1-2 are also on Netflix if you can deal with subtitles. Terrific show.
    The Ruthless is an Italian mob film on Netflix that I found quite good.
    Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer.

I just enjoyed the return of Westworld with its first episode of season 3.

The show is getting a lot of criticism, but I must confess that I don't understand it. I've found the show highly enjoyable ever since it started.

I just finished "The Son". It's an AMC show that's streaming on Hulu right now. Pearce Brosnan is the lead and there are a lot of great, historic guns - Winchester M1907, Colt 1911, Colt Pocket Pistol, etc. There is a really great firefight in S1, E4 where a Lewis gun is put to good use. They even properly use an A-gunner, who talks the gunner onto targets, helps with reloads, etc.
    Owner/Instructor at Resolute Response
    Assistant Instructor at Protective Shooting Concepts

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Season 3 of Westworld has gone full-throttle sci-fi. I'll admit, I miss the first season a lot, but I think the present story arc is shaping up to be pretty entertaining. HBO really pulled out the stops on production values - it feels like a big-budget movie.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Site Supporter
    Watching various UK crime series on Netflix. Forget every going to the movies again. Box office is destroyed, shows and films are out of production. We will have to watch Bonanza and Have Gun Will Travel.

A while back I recorded Bourbontucky, an Audience Channel Documentary. Finally got around to watching it last night. I found the historical and industry culture segments interesting and informative. The interviews with the old time master distillers were quite entertaining. I particularly liked when one of them told the story of how he sneaked in to get a first hand look at the Heaven Hill fire.

The latter part of the documentary dealt with Bourbon Bars and was OK but IMO, less interesting. That said, I am a little tempted to get a bottle of Bluegrass Soy Sauce.

User Tag List