Thread: Federal court strikes down new ATF frame and receiver definition.

Federal court strikes down new ATF frame and receiver definition.

Gun regulation reversed

https://www.courthousenews.com/partial-lower-receivers/

FORT WORTH, Texas — A federal judge in Texas granted the injunction requested by a manufacturer of “80% lower receivers,” a not-entirely-assembled gun part, that challenged a Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms regulation of partially complete receivers, such as this business’s products. A weapon parts kit is not itself a firearm, but the new rule regulated them as such.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Yeah!

Site Supporter
    Git ‘em!
    God Bless,

Brandon

Site Supporter
    The Supreme Court has now granted certiorari. We will likely know more about the justices’ views over the next several months.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Site Supporter
    From the oral arguments in the bump stock case, justices on both “sides” seemed pretty open to the ban being legal based on the current definition of “machine gun”. This one will be interesting too.

Site Supporter
    One of the problems with the way 2nd amendment issues are working their way through the courts is that the extreme issues seem to be progressing the fastest, while more basic issues such as the right to carry concealed or use now-standard rifles and standard capacity magazines are languishing. Bump stocks, along with the right of convicted felons or drug users to have guns, are the extreme issues which, if not handled very carefully, will ultimately hurt us more than help us.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

User Tag List