Page 315 of 817 FirstFirst ... 215265305313314315316317325365415815 ... LastLast
Results 3,141 to 3,150 of 8168

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Site Supporter
    The Foreigner with Jackie Chan and Pierce Bronsan. Not a typical Chan movie but a serious one. Chan plays a retired military man whose daughter is killed in a complex plot of a resurgent IRA in the UK. He seeks to find the killers and avenge her. Pretty good story. He is very low key and if did those stunts or some of them at 60, he's tough. The fights aren't the usual martial arts stuff but more gritty.

Site Supporter
    Watched Mission: Impossible - Fallout last night. Ugh, what a mess that movie is. Poor script, wooden acting, bad story line, laughable fight scenes, just yuck.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    The Foreigner with Jackie Chan and Pierce Bronsan. Not a typical Chan movie but a serious one. Chan plays a retired military man whose daughter is killed in a complex plot of a resurgent IRA in the UK. He seeks to find the killers and avenge her. Pretty good story. He is very low key and if did those stunts or some of them at 60, he's tough. The fights aren't the usual martial arts stuff but more gritty.
    I was pleasantly surprised by The Foreigner. Quite a good movie I thought.

Site Supporter
    Just watched Hold The Dark. Not bad if you are into symbolism. Good scenic shots of the wilderness, very moody and atmospheric. Some answers are there if you look for them, but at least one goes unanswered. If you don't like heavy symbolism or movies that leave a lot open to interpretation watch Wind River instead.

Oh, and when it comes to the big shoot-out scene a lot of viewers probably thought it was brutally realistic. It is from the standpoint of what firearms can do, but most PF members will want to yell at the screen "What the hell are you doing?! Get out of the line of fire! Somebody flank his ass!" just for starters.

Site Supporter
    I was watching Manifest, the show with the plane that comes in 5 years later. However, it has degenerated into the government conspiracy. Blah.

Do members of the conspiracy get paid during the shut down? Do they have to come to work to continue their evil scheme while they can't pay the mortgage or buy insulin.

The government can't figure out what handgun to buy for less than a $100 million. How could they run a conspiracy?

“Spider-man:Into the Spider-verse”. Wife and I enjoyed it. The folks who did the graphic design had way too much fun.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    “Spider-man:Into the Spider-verse”. Wife and I enjoyed it. The folks who did the graphic design had way too much fun.
    Yes! Watched it last night. Besides just being a good movie, there’s tons of comic nerd bonuses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dismas316 View Post
    Last night watch “Three billboard outside in Ebbing, Missouri”. Throughly enjoyed the movie, it’s about a mother (Francis McDermound) who’s daughter is raped and killed in a small town and she’s pissed at the lack of suspects fom the police, so she decides to put up signs on 3 billboards leading into town ripping the sheriff who is played by Woody Harrelson.
    FWIW, the case that inspired that movie was an episode in last season's Cold Justice S5E10.

"You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Peppermint out of the Red Box.

1 out of 5.

The straightforward ‘revenge’ plot had more holes than the Swiss Cheese in my fridge. Plus too many unexplained coincidences. And a soccer mom that turns Vigilante / MMA Fighter, spends five years training to be an assassin, and shoots a Glock 26 with OEM plastic white sights?
    Last edited by RJ; 01-19-2019 at 06:11 PM.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    What? They’re combat accurate. [emoji51]

We almost got this (I could look at Jennifer Garner for 90 minutes) and my wife just said I’d complain about everything else the whole time. Yeah, probably.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List