Page 655 of 819 FirstFirst ... 155555605645653654655656657665705755 ... LastLast
Results 6,541 to 6,550 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by Wise_A View Post
    Cowboy Bebop on Netflix is decent. Pretty faithful to the source material, just the right amount of campy. One and a third-ish episodes in (I was tired). Good if you like SciFi, and the gun selection is interesting. So far, an IMI Jericho and a Walther Q4 Tactical have made an appearance.
    It took me a while to warm up to this, but I ended up rather liking it. Definitely a different take on the original anime - the characters and a lot of the situations are the same(ish), but it's not an exact copy. Which is good. It does make for a darker story than the original.

We (girlfriend and I) watched the cars more than the guns.

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    The latest Grand Tour episode, "Carnage a Tois", wasn't even as good as the previous episode. And the previous one was already a disappointment.
    I really enjoyed the last episode! The previous one was a bit meh, but this one was highly entertaining.

Site Supporter
    I've always enjoyed James Herriot's stories, and Amazon Prime has the 2020 version of All Creatures Great and Small from Masterpiece.

Fun to watch.

If you have Britbox you can watch the 1970's series as well.

Watched about 8 minutes of Yellowstone tonight spaced in between sneak peaks of 1883 a Yellowstone Origins Story. WTF? are there several Yellowstone Origins stories? Big fan of Yellowstone, could be turning into not-so-big fan due to all this bullshit.

Maybe Taylor Sheridan should spend less time acting in his series and more time writing.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Mile 22 (2018): The movie, very much placed in contemporary times, starts in a picturesque US suburb where a CIA direct action team does a raid on the safe house of a KGB spy cell. So yeah, right off the bat we know it's going to be one of those kinds of movies - please place your brain in the full upright and OFF position for the entire duration of the movie.

After the first action scene the rest of the movie takes place in Indonesia, and amidst all the running and gunning that takes place, the local martial arts guys get a chance to show off their skills in the art of the improbable jumping spinning backflip kick. And those boys sure know how to jump and kick.

Overall, I found the movie surprisingly entertaining, although completely stupid. Of course, I did spend most of it cleaning guns so my attention was more in the gun parts in my hands than the mindless action on the screen. Still though, as far as mindless action movies go I have seen a whole lot worse. Just what ever you do, do not try to apply logic or reason to any of it.

The Italian Job (1969): A classic caper movie with the classic Morris Mini chase scene.

Unfortunately I am unable to appreciate this classic movie to the extent it probably deserves. In the fiftyish years since its release, this movie has been done over and over again, either in part or fully, each iteration more flashy than the last, while the original suffers from the limitations of being fiftyish years old. So while the movie is a classic, watching it felt a bit... Meh. Which is a bummer. (Maybe if I had cleaned guns at the same time, this movie might have seemed more entertaining...? )

Quote Originally Posted by Wise_A View Post
    Cowboy Bebop on Netflix is decent. Pretty faithful to the source material, just the right amount of campy. One and a third-ish episodes in (I was tired). Good if you like SciFi, and the gun selection is interesting. So far, an IMI Jericho and a Walther Q4 Tactical have made an appearance.
    We liked Cowboy Bebop. It wasn't nearly as good as Firefly, but had a similar anachronistic flavor.

Just started watching the Witcher. So far, the new season is good.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    Mile 22 (2018): The movie, very much placed in contemporary times, starts in a picturesque US suburb where a CIA direct action team does a raid on the safe house of a KGB spy cell. So yeah, right off the bat we know it's going to be one of those kinds of movies - please place your brain in the full upright and OFF position for the entire duration of the movie.
    Yeah. you'd have to. The KGB was very big on retribution.

Story I heard was that the FBI was chasing a Soviet agent in DC one winter's day. The Russian slipped and broke his leg (or so the FBI claimed). Not long afterwards, some KGB goons grabbed up an American agent on staff at the embassy in Moscow. They took the guy into an alley and got ready to break his leg, when the goon holding the metal bar said "This isn't personal." The American replied "I know," and they broke his leg. Depending on who told the story (I heard it from a few different people), the KGB goons had an ambulance waiting and helped put the American into it.

Being a Russian agent was probably one of the safer jobs during the Cold War.

Site Supporter
    Watching the Witcher. It's ok. I usually fall asleep, so that serves a purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    The KGB was very big on retribution.
    Which, actually, is pretty much the entire plot of the movie.
    IDPA SSP classification: Sharpshooter
    F.A.S.T. classification: Intermediate

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    Watched about 8 minutes of Yellowstone tonight spaced in between sneak peaks of 1883 a Yellowstone Origins Story. WTF? are there several Yellowstone Origins stories? Big fan of Yellowstone, could be turning into not-so-big fan due to all this bullshit.
    So has Yellowstone actually gotten better then? I watched a couple episodes of the first season and thought the scenery was nice, but the story and dialog were just awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    So has Yellowstone actually gotten better then? I watched a couple episodes of the first season and thought the scenery was nice, but the story and dialog were just awful.
    Several of my friends and family feel the same way. IDK, but although much of the action is highly implausible, I find it entertaining. My wife, for some reason, has been watching the three FBI series. I have little tolerance for the shout FBI, draw gun, suspect runs, holster gun and chase story line, but she's interested.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

User Tag List