Page 576 of 817 FirstFirst ... 76476526566574575576577578586626676 ... LastLast
Results 5,751 to 5,760 of 8168

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by TOTS View Post
    Edge Of Tomorrow: Live, Die, Repeat
    Not usually a scifi fan, but this movie was one of the best written movies I’ve seen in a while. I’m going as far as saying it’s one of Tom Cruises best movies. I’m usually pretty hard on him; he’s a good actor but tends to be the same character in every movie. In this one we see him actually grow into the main character and have a lot more buy-in when he saves the day.

Basic premise: he gets trapped in a time loop where he dies in a Normandy-esque battle against an invading extraterrestrial species but restarts the day each time he dies. He’s got to save the world before this power runs out.

10/10 would recommend and watch again. Rental on Amazon and worth it.
    The original book that the movie is based on - All You Need Is Kill is a quick and fun read. Naturally it differs from the film adaptation.

There's a subtle Groundhog Day nod in the naming of Rita.

Supposedly a sequel to the movie is in the works.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Site Supporter
    Not usually a scifi fan, but this movie was one of the best written movies I’ve seen in a while. I’m going as far as saying it’s one of Tom Cruises best movies. I’m usually pretty hard on him; he’s a good actor but tends to be the same character in every movie. In this one we see him actually grow into the main character and have a lot more buy-in when he saves the day.

Basic premise: he gets trapped in a time loop where he dies in a Normandy-esque battle against an invading extraterrestrial species but restarts the day each time he dies. He’s got to save the world before this power runs out.

If you like that one, another TC Sci-Fi you might like is Oblivion. It has similar elements to "Edge." I don't think I could stomach 2 seconds of Mr. Cruise in person, but he does make some good movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    If you like that one, another TC Sci-Fi you might like is Oblivion. It has similar elements to "Edge." I don't think I could stomach 2 seconds of Mr. Cruise in person, but he does make some good movies.
    "How can a man die better..."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Supposedly a sequel to the movie is in the works.
    It should just be a re-cut of the original and we all have to WTF finding the differences.

Seriously though, it's one of the best non-franchise action/sci-fi movies we've had in recent years. Fun flick.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Jeff Dunham's covid special. Had a discussion with a young adult today, and they didn't realize that what he did in it, was an ode to Abbott and Costello. (said he never heard, who is on first)

Feeling older, every day.

Site Supporter

I tell people that even of they don't like Tom Cruise they should watch it because you get to watch him die over and over again.

...Huh. Well, I'll be.

I'm no fan of Tom Cruise, I dislike time travel stories and the idea of a movie where the same things repeat over and over and over again sounds bloody tedious. And yet, I quite liked that movie. Absolutely recommended!

Quote Originally Posted by Bio View Post
    I tell people that even of they don't like Tom Cruise they should watch it because you get to watch him die over and over again.
    Except that you don't, really. I mean you can kind of see him get shot in the head a couple of times but that's about it. You do, however, get to see his slick public relations character get properly put in his place at the very beginning of the movie. And as my not a Tom Cruise fan girlfriend pointed out, that alone made the movie worth watching.

Watched "Breach" again tonight. Free on Amazon. It's the story of Robert Hanssen. Chris Cooper (American Beauty) was awesome again.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It has to be fought for and defended by each generation." - Ronald Reagan

Bill Paxton was great. "Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged."

Emily Blunt was good. I would say great, but I've soured on her since I had to take out an restraining order on her for stalking me.

I liked how Cage initially tried to save the big guy on the beach from getting squashed. Once he figured out that guy's life was inconsequential to getting off the beach he quit trying to save him.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It has to be fought for and defended by each generation." - Ronald Reagan

Site Supporter
    I did a month-to-month rental of Disney + to watch the Mandalorian, which I hadn't seen, and I thought it was very good.

I watched Pixar's Soul tonight and quite enjoyed it.

And, I'll admit that I watched the original 1961 101 Dalmatians and really enjoyed the story and animation. I probably last watched it when I was a kid in a sticky-floored place they called a "movie theater."

Anyway, lots of stuff on the channel that is historic and relatively harmless, so I'll probably keep the subscription for a month or two while in the the depths of winter.

(And another thumbs up for Edge of Tomorrow -- that's a great movie.)

User Tag List