Page 796 of 819 FirstFirst ... 296696746786794795796797798806 ... LastLast
Results 7,951 to 7,960 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Site Supporter
    Finished Reacher season 2. It was amazing compared to 99.9% (or more) of stuff that has been released over the last several years. On its own? So so in my opinion, good but not great.

Unpopular opinion. I prefer the first Tom Cruise movie Reacher to the TV series. I’ve also only seen one Star Wars movie, almost 30 years ago, and I like my hamburgers dry but not plain. So what do I even really know?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Finished Reacher season 2. It was amazing compared to 99.9% (or more) of stuff that has been released over the last several years. On its own? So so in my opinion, good but not great.

Unpopular opinion. I prefer the first Tom Cruise movie Reacher to the TV series. I’ve also only seen one Star Wars movie, almost 30 years ago, and I like my hamburgers dry but not plain. So what do I even really know?
    You're right about Cruise and Star Wars became solely a toy tie-in franchise after Empire.
    Can't help with burgers. Everyone has a right to go to Hell in their own way.

Site Supporter
    Boys in the Boat was a fun movie. The book was quite good, and this was a fair adaptation notwithstanding the time constraints.

It's a good old school sports movie.

Site Supporter
    Reacher 2 was a solid B. Darker throughout for sure.

FYI- Reacher 3 is already being filmed.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Site Supporter
    Finished Reacher also. I like the show and it is amusing, I gripe about somethings, just because. Reacher holding on the stretcher in the windstream with only one hand is clearly superhuman strength. The usual Imperial Storm Trooper standing in the open gun fights. Note - pick up extra ammo or guns that are laying around. Yes, he's nuts for his life style and they all know it. He does too. But a good show to watch. Loved the old Terminator as the villain. Had to laugh at him stopping Reacher's head butt, kick- fu demolishing of the squad of clowns by racking his unchambered gun. How Holllywood!

Watching True Detective with Jodie Foster. Very interesting show - science gone beserk plus ghosts. One thing I like was the cast looked like ordinary people - not like most detective shows where everyone is beautiful. Lustful old folks too - she looks ok.

Watching sumo. The depth of talent is clearly lacking from when they had 4 yokozuna guys just recently.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Site Supporter
    The Beekeeper.... Wait for it on streaming.
    Most of the movie was Statham fight scenes, the majority of them harder to believe than usual.
    The replacement Beekeeper scene was a full-on shark-jump. As was the band of bad guys at the ending.
    And the ending itself was.... "I'll guess we can just end it here", bad.

Still had some fun on a cold, rainy, Sunday afternoon. A soft 6 out of 10
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    I thought Blue Eye Samurai was one of the best shows I've watched in a long time, animated or not. DEFINITELY NOT FOR KIDS.

I recently finished BES. I'll say it was definitely worth my time, which is high praise nowadays. If I had to give it a letter grade, it would be B+ or A-: I was let down by the last episode, as it played out pretty much exactly like I thought it would, and seemed very "by-the-numbers", and episode 6 "All Evil Dreams and Angry Words" made me roll my eyes a bit. However, if you can watch episode 5 "The Tale of the Ronin and the Bride" without misting up, you have no soul.

Also: Guerrera and I are watching the new "Percy Jackson" series on Disney+. I read the books out loud to my kids when they were younger, and enjoyed them (the books use Greek Mythology as a basis, and I'm a Greek Mythology geek, and they're like an American "Harry Potter"), but was let down by the two movie versions. The new series isn't bad; it's aimed squarely at tweens (with less bits to keep adults interested), but it's a decent effort.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    So far, I've been liking Monsieur Spade on AMC.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    I recently finished BES. I'll say it was definitely worth my time, which is high praise nowadays. If I had to give it a letter grade, it would be B+ or A-: I was let down by the last episode, as it played out pretty much exactly like I thought it would, and seemed very "by-the-numbers", and episode 6 "All Evil Dreams and Angry Words" made me roll my eyes a bit. However, if you can watch episode 5 "The Tale of the Ronin and the Bride" without misting up, you have no soul.
    Episode 5 was heartbreaking.

I also thought BES introduced one of the best (worst?) villains in quite some time - Kenneth Branagh stole just about every scene he voiced as Abidjah Fowler. Not even sure how to describe Fowler - bored, decadent, ruthless, hedonistic, perverted, genius, sociopath? The show has some great characters. As you said, definitely worth the time.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

A French Village (Prime)

I don’t think this one has been mentioned before. A college friend recommended it to me a few months ago, but it was on some channel that we don’t have and my wife (the responsible one) put the kibosh on it. Now it’s on Prime, and we’re three episodes into the first of seven seasons. As the name suggests, it takes place in France so unless you’re fluent in French you have to be okay with English subtitles (which I don’t mind at all, I have the captioning on for most British shows and definitely any shows with Scottish or Irish characters).

Anyway, the first season begins in June 1940 with the German invasion, and so far it’s excellently done, extremely captivating, and some in the regular cast are top rate actors. Even though we know how things go in the near and longer term, it’s very tense and my wife and I both find ourselves a little bit drained after each episode.

Again, only three episodes in, but I suspect there are a lot of people here who would like it.

User Tag List