Page 354 of 812 FirstFirst ... 254304344352353354355356364404454 ... LastLast
Results 3,531 to 3,540 of 8111

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Site Supporter
    Binged The Umbrella Academy over the weekend, pretty good although there is some filler. The twists and ending are fairly predictable but the acting is good. It is an interesting take on the X-Men idea. If you enjoy comic book shows and don’t mind silly, unrealistic gun sequences it is probably worth a shot. At 10 episodes it is shorter than the various Marvel series on Netflix so it has that going for it.

We saw Godzilla, King of the Monsters last night at the local Alamo Drafthouse which is still my favorite theater chain for going to the cinema. I won’t spoil it but I came away disappointed. It hit all the right beats, had plenty of screen time for the various kaiju, and lots of call backs and references to the Toho films. So what was the problem? Human characters I didn't care about? Check but that’s pretty standard in these films. There were some pretty big logic holes considering how “real and grounded” they tried to make the 2014 movie so that didn’t help. Monarch (the human agency in charge of monitoring kaiju) is now basically SHIELD from the Marvel movies. Most of the kaiju fights were in the dark and / or rain and were hard to see. Maybe that was it? I just never got emotionally invested and even though some of the ideas presented were really neat I was bored. Maybe I’m too old to watch a bunch of CGI fights on screen but I’ll take guys in rubber suits over this anytime.
    Last edited by sharps54; 06-03-2019 at 05:31 AM.

AB announced today that Good Eats: The Return will debut August 25th, 10 PM Leastern Time.

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    We were pointed to Alton Brown and "Good Eats" by PFers, and have since become yuge fans of the show. While there's a pretty large library of episodes to work our way through, we were still pretty disappointed that we'd found the series after it was already off the air. So when I swung by Amazon to pick up the next season on our list and saw this...

Attachment 32930

...I squealed in a manner which was rather unbecoming. Basically, this series is a place holder while Alton and crew bring "Good Eats" proper back to the air.

The premise of the show is that Alton revisits classic episodes to update recipes, correct the occasional errant fact, add supplementary material, or give some trivia about the filming. For instance, in the first episode, he goes through how to cure a cast iron pan, which was something he never did in the original series.

Some episodes feature more updated material than others, but if you're a fan of the series, it's still a lot of fun. I'm not sure how many "Good Eats: Reloaded" seasons he's planning, but I hope to see more in the future.
    Last edited by Drang; 06-03-2019 at 10:20 PM.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Site Supporter
    Godzilla: King of the Monsters. I love Godzilla, since as a little kid I saw the first one in Radio City Music Hall in NYC.

This movie stinks. It is terrible. While there are some interesting effects, the plot and action are ridiculous. Not worth the money.

I’m currently watching Ash vs. Evil Dead on Netflix. I like the Evil Dead movies as a kid and Bruce Campbell is my favorite B Movie actor. If you like either of those things, you’ll like this show.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    I’m currently watching Ash vs. Evil Dead on Netflix. I like the Evil Dead movies as a kid and Bruce Campbell is my favorite B Movie actor. If you like either of those things, you’ll like this show.
    That's a good show. Bruce Campbell is always entertaining.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Site Supporter
    Agreed on Ash vs Evil Dead, it may be the most faithful TV adaptation of a film series I’ve ever seen. You can tell lots of love went into every episode from the closing credit music (specifically picked for each episode) to the call backs to the movies (old characters popping up) to the wacky tone and lack of pulling punches with the gore and gross out sequences. Unlike a lot of series it even has a fairly decent final episode. Although I watched it during its first run I happily bought a copy of the complete series to put on the shelf with the Evil Dead trilogy.

It'd been two presidential elections since I'd had a boner like that.
    Name:  ccdf44e6c6fdc5f99f8fa7cb78f0ec4f_3x3.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  70.7 KB
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Started watching The Handmaid's Tale the other day. I wouldn't say it's a must-watch but it's good enough for me to see where it goes. The premise seems pretty far out there but everything else is well done. After most of the world's population becomes sterile a second civil war breaks out in the US and an extremist christian government comes to power. Women are slaves (except the wives of the wealthy of powerful) and the ones that are still fertile are assigned to upper-class couples to be impregnated by the man of the house and bear a child for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    Started watching The Handmaid's Tale the other day. I wouldn't say it's a must-watch but it's good enough for me to see where it goes. The premise seems pretty far out there but everything else is well done. After most of the world's population becomes sterile a second civil war breaks out in the US and an extremist christian government comes to power. Women are slaves (except the wives of the wealthy of powerful) and the ones that are still fertile are assigned to upper-class couples to be impregnated by the man of the house and bear a child for them.
    I've started the book a few times, could never get too far. (Rare for me to drop a book once started.)

Started the show on Hulu a couple times...same result. I think I'll just follow my instincts.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by Matt O View Post
    Deadwood: The Movie - May 31.

Looks like those San Francisco cocksucka's finally saw the light. I have been waiting for this for over a decade.
    I honestly don't know how I feel about this. As a rabid fan of the show, I re-watched all three seasons in preparation for the movie and...the movie was hard to watch and felt hollow. I won't give any spoilers away, but I didn't really come out of it fulfilled - if anything it left me pretty sad. I'm not sure it's the send-off this masterpiece of a show deserved, but it's the one we got.

User Tag List