Page 700 of 819 FirstFirst ... 200600650690698699700701702710750800 ... LastLast
Results 6,991 to 7,000 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Dark Winds-- Seems that the Navajo cops are carrying Model 15s. Basketweave open-trigger holsters with safety straps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    They were doing reloads during a shootout. I couldn’t tell where they were getting the ammo from. Pockets maybe?
    I couldn’t tell, either.

I’m not too enamored of this interpretation of the Jim Chee character.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

I couldn’t tell, either.

Me either. E4 I was thinking that a lot.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by Warped Mindless View Post
    Made it thru a few episodes of Reacher on Prime. I like it so far…
    I do find it unrealistic how so many people willingly mouth off to some 6’4 body builder like man. I’m not near that big and even just gaining 10 pounds of muscle I noticed how differently people would treat me in certain situations. But hey, it is fiction afterall. Good series so far.
    Binged Terminal List. Not as good as expected but it was ok. I’ll watch a second season if we get one (doubt we will).
    Alan Ritchson is 6’2”, but it’s TV land. It was an OK watch.

We’re just finishing Episode 1 of Terminal List, and have ZERO idea of what it’s supposed to be! It’s the last 5 minutes, and something might be coming together… 🤷🏼🤷🏼🤷🏼🤷🏼

Hang on. Episode 1 just ended, and I don’t know if Chris Pratt could be having a psychotic break, or not. I want my hour back!

Watched all of Season 3 of The Boys. Better than S2, not as good as S1. S1 benefitted a lot from initial shock value, S2 tried to double down on that without as much script and character development, S3 seems to have landed in the sweet spot in between.

I think S3 also did a really good job of staying politically centered. There was stuff for the right, stuff for the left, and lots of shades of humor about and for both. They easily could have turned it into another "women save all the stupid men" thing but they didn't.

Also down to the last episode (of the last season?) of the Expanse. Quite the roaming trip to get from the first season to this one, but assuming this is the last season I'm liking the way they are wrapping things up. Of course, last episode could tank the whole thing...

and a moment of Ktsch...
    If you grew up on GI Joe, Snake Eyes is a good movie to get some throwback vibes.. Nothing earth-shattering, but there's some tiebacks to the OG Joes that makes it the best movie in the recent Joe series (which, I admit, isn't saying much).
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Site Supporter
    "The Time Team" on Prime. Only 4 episodes. It's from 1994 and shot in 720 DPI. It's a bunch of archeologists and other history types researching small little UK towns and trying to figure out what and/or where some ancient structures were.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Also down to the last episode (of the last season?) of the Expanse. Quite the roaming trip to get from the first season to this one, but assuming this is the last season I'm liking the way they are wrapping things up. Of course, last episode could tank the whole thing...
    I'm hoping they do a movie or mini-series that finishes up where the books do because there's some crazy shit after the TV series ends.

Chris

SIX on Hulu.
    A competitor from A&E to SEAL Team.
    It ran for 2 seasons(18 episodes) and wrapped up the major story lines. Not as cinematic or technically well supported as SEAL Team.
    It did however star Walter Goggins as a hard bitten Team Leader, who leaves the Teams after committing a war crime. This propels the series as he becomes a contractor who gets captured by Boko Haram and auctioned off to a terrorist group. A lot of his story is revealed in various team flashbacks showing his influence on their characters.
    The series also has an interesting antagonist in an up and coming Jihadi leader, an American traitor, who has modern ideas about recruiting and training Jihadist commandos. He is a master manipulator and wormtongue.
    The second season introduces Olivia Munn as an utterly ruthless CIA officer without scruple, principle or shame. Her relentless pursuit of "The Prince", a Chechen terrorist variously amazes, angers and astonishes the SEALs as she repeatedly flogs them after her target. She pulls off an unsympathetic character that you understand without creating sympathy.
    The series doesn't quite reach the heights that SEAL Team did on occasion, but it doesn't wear out its welcome in only 2 seasons. Goggins, Munn and the Traitor dude are excellent, the rest of the cast is merely serviceable(think Brock, Trent and Full Metal).
    It has the requisite home life shenanigans(concealed injuries, divorce,money) done slightly better with a decent subplot that pays off.
    7/10. Decent for a rainy afternoon commando fix.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    I couldn’t tell, either.

Looked like Leaphorn had dump pouches on his belt at one point. Cool how they did run out of ammo at points, and it wasn't an endless gunfight.

While I agree this isn't the most faithful portrayel of the Chee character, overall I really liked it. Really like the actor who played Joe. Liked him in Longmire too.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    I'm hoping they do a movie or mini-series that finishes up where the books do because there's some crazy shit after the TV series ends.

Chris
    Amen. My kid and I read all the books and watched the whole series. Really enjoyed it. Ran into David Straithairn, who played Ashford, at the gas station (he lives in the same county as me) right before the episode where he dies aired. Told him how much I was looking forward to seeing him in the next season. Now I understand the funny look he was giving me.

The Unknown Flag Raiser of Iowa Jima

on Smithsonian Channel. The iconic photo is of the second flag raising on top of Mount Suribachi. A Navy corpsman helped with the first flag raising that morning and was credited with being in the photo of the second raising. Problem is, his uniform and gear as a medic didn't match what was in the photo. Several investigators figured out who was actually in that position on the flag pole. Problem is, that Marine was already credited as being at a different position. They finally figured out by looking at other photos and some film clips who the uncredited Marine really was in the position previously attributed to the Marine who was in the position originally credited to being the Navy corpsman who actually wasn't in the picture. Whew that was hard to explain. Not super exciting stuff but I enjoyed seeing how they examined the evidence. Beats watching Bosch.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It has to be fought for and defended by each generation." - Ronald Reagan

User Tag List