Page 376 of 819 FirstFirst ... 276326366374375376377378386426476 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,760 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by txdpd View Post
    Just watch Westside vs the World on Netflix a documentary on Louis Simmons and Westside Barbell powerlifting team out of Columbus, Ohio.

I think it should be required watching for anyone interested in pursuing a career in athletics. The movie really highlights the impersonal business of running an athletic enterprise and that athletes get used up and replaced. That’s not an insult to Westside, I’m glad that they didn’t sugar coat the business.
    I was going to post that I watched this today. Being into weight training for decades, a follower of David Tate, Matt Wenning & Mark Bell on the web I've heard about the movie a number of times. I put it on after coming in from a long hike with my dogs and got sucked in.

Total Recall (2012): They took a silly movie from 1990 and somehow made it dumber. That is quite an achievement. They also made the movie quite a lot less enjoyable. And a quick tip to anyone planning on making a large movie production involving CGI: "all the lens flare all the time" is an option best left unchecked in the settings of your CGI software. You really would have thought they would have noticed how distracting that gets sometime before releasing the movie. Perhaps nobody bothered to sit through the whole thing? Which is understandable, but kind of points at some largish problems with the production...

On the plus side, Collin Farells eye brows had been trimmed to the point where those weren't the two leading actors in the movie. Also, Kate Beckinsale. Still though, this movie gets a thumbs down.

Shazam!

Don't bother. I gave up about half way through and searched for YT videos of pre-WWI French Battleships.

It was that bad.

0.5 out of 5 stars.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    Total Recall (2012): They took a silly movie from 1990 and somehow made it dumber. That is quite an achievement. They also made the movie quite a lot less enjoyable. And a quick tip to anyone planning on making a large movie production involving CGI: "all the lens flare all the time" is an option best left unchecked in the settings of your CGI software. You really would have thought they would have noticed how distracting that gets sometime before releasing the movie. Perhaps nobody bothered to sit through the whole thing? Which is understandable, but kind of points at some largish problems with the production...

On the plus side, Collin Farells eye brows had been trimmed to the point where those weren't the two leading actors in the movie. Also, Kate Beckinsale. Still though, this movie gets a thumbs down.
    I agree with most of your review for the most part, however, Kate Beckinsale in tight and skimpy outfits! That's worth a couple of stars right there.
    Seriously, there was so little understanding of physics or science in this movie that I felt a dozen IQ points disappear as I watched. I'd give it two stars. Ehhh...one-and-a-half.
    However, IF you watch it with the sound off so that you're not bombarded with the ridiculous plot or dialogue, and are left with only the images (which generously include Kate Beckinsale) I might bump it to three stars. Ehhh...three-and-a-half.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Shazam!

Don't bother. I gave up about half way through and searched for YT videos of pre-WWI French Battleships.

It was that bad.

0.5 out of 5 stars.
    I didn’t personally care much for it either, but my kids loved it so I stuck it out.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Every time a snowflake whines, she's there saying "buckle up bitch and do your job!" Every problem they encounter on the ship is because of some modern-day personality flaw.
    Good point. That was overshadowed by the other issues, but it's a good observation and makes me wonder if the entire series is a condemnation of the snowflake types as you point out.

The lack of decorum and discipline and public displays of psych problems reminds me totally of the workforce of today!
    That's not the workforce I'm involved in. Though, I work in the IT security field where things are a bit more black and white than many industries. I have several millennial on my team, including an apprentice in his early 20s. While a couple have been a bit overconfident, none have been particularly problematic. I frequently forget they're upwards of 20 years younger than me as a result.

You guys haven't even touched on the plotline back home of the "blogger" who is considered in future times to be an actual source of information, and the woman general that is too emotional to get anything done. It's awesome!
    I did notice that, but we're rapidly approaching the point where bloggers are more trusted than the MSM, so that wasn't so far fetched. The female general was an annoyance, but so was the SecDef who stepped in for a bit.

Chris

Just finished Undercover on Netflix. Not awesome, but solid. Kept me engaged throughout. The lead actress reminded me of Keri Russel a bit, which didn’t hurt.

For those of us who enjoyed Mindhunter on Netflix, Season 2 is dropping on Friday, August 16th.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Rob S

Good on you for sticking out the movie! You are making memories with your kids.

It goes by so quick. I am taking my son to college next sat.

El Royale

Turned it off after 30 minutes, snails pace.

Godzilla King of Monsters

Wait for it to come on cable when you don't need to pay attention it, and have it as background noise while doing something else. Zero plot line, lots of throwbacks to the original (the missile) and a few others. Worth up to Kong vs. Godzilla is probably coming, that'll be a hard pass.

The Boys

I know it's covered already and I'm late to the party but it's pretty dead on with the comics, I hope they don't stray too far from that path. Waiting for the second season.

Inglourious Basterds

I dislike tarintino and his movie style. I watched this movie again just for the one liners and humor, is good to watch with friends or while you're doing stuff.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

User Tag List