Page 746 of 819 FirstFirst ... 246646696736744745746747748756796 ... LastLast
Results 7,451 to 7,460 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Mandalorian Season 3

The first two seasons of Mando were 'made for TV' level drivel.

We're enjoying the third season so far. Better production quality, FX, etc. No where near the level of Andor, but much better than the first two seasons.

Site Supporter
    Watched The Magnificent 7 and Shazam tonight. The Magnificent 7 never disappoints. What a good movie. Shazam was watched on a whim but it surprised me. Offbeat, fun, juvenile...I enjoyed the hell out of it.

We saw John Wick 4 last night. It was way too over the top for me, and I have a pretty good tolerance for over the top.

I saw John Wick 4 Friday. It's to long at about 2hr. 49Min. It was one the top as Bucky said, but I did like the ending.

Also saw Wick 4 last night. As the world has expanded the unbelievability has too but it’s fun to see what they’ve come up with as action sequences.

Lever gun action was cool. PF folks should appreciate the throwaway line of “cool revolver.” “It’s vintage”. I grinned. I predict a series of range fires from dragons breath ammo.

I was somehow both satisfied and disappointed with the ending.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Site Supporter
    We asked the young adult daughter who lives with us what movie she wanted to see last night. We saw Dungeons and Dragons.

I have never watched or participated in anything D&D before. It was entertaining enough, but goofy as well. Some very talented actors in it, good effects.

Site Supporter
    Watched Top Gun: Maverick. Pretty enjoyable. A couple of plot holes but so what. The attack on the nuclear facility was a clear copy of Star Wars. Dropping a bomb through the magic hole, flying through a narrow passage, enemy fighters, etc. At least Tom didn't kiss his sister.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Site Supporter

Hope Frozen: A chance at a second life.

Hope Frozen: A chance at a second life. Netflix

This is a documentary about a Thailand couple who cryonically freeze their terminal daughter. They explore the science, but also the religious aspects of this procedure. The father and brother are both into the science of the plan. Mom … maybe not so much. I’ll admit shedding a few tears watching this young woman struggle with the implications of these decisions.
    Great show. Draw from it your own conclusions.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    Hope Frozen: A chance at a second life. Netflix

This is a documentary about a Thailand couple who cryonically freeze their terminal daughter. They explore the science, but also the religious aspects of this procedure. The father and brother are both into the science of the plan. Mom … maybe not so much. I’ll admit shedding a few tears watching this young woman struggle with the implications of these decisions.
    Great show. Draw from it your own conclusions.
    I think it was Jerry Pournelle who used cryonics to illustrate the concept of "non-zero".
    If you die and rot into dust there is zero chance that medical science could revive you in some distant future.
    Cryonics gives you a non-zero chance.

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    I think it was Jerry Pournelle who used cryonics to illustrate the concept of "non-zero".
    If you die and rot into dust there is zero chance that medical science could revive you in some distant future.
    Cryonics gives you a non-zero chance.
    Could be wrong but thinking it was Niven and not Pournelle. At the least, Niven gave us the portmanteau Corpsicle...
    no one sees what's written on the spine of his own autobiography.

User Tag List