Page 598 of 812 FirstFirst ... 98498548588596597598599600608648698 ... LastLast
Results 5,971 to 5,980 of 8111

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Going to try to write this without giving out any spoilers...

While watching season 5 of the Expanse, I had thought the way one of the plot lines about one of the main characters played out in the final episode seemed strange, but not having read the books thought maybe that's what happened in the books. Nope.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    Going to try to write this without giving out any spoilers...

While watching season 5 of the Expanse, I had thought the way one of the plot lines about one of the main characters played out in the final episode seemed strange, but not having read the books thought maybe that's what happened in the books. Nope.
    Attempt at vague response,

That was such BS and the way they handled that and the after the fact(in show) was terribly shallow.
    I don't have an issue with a less meaningful event, that's life and shit happens, but come on!
    Especially after how the series opened I figured we were going to see more of that side of things.

Perry Mason. Recorded about 80 episodes.

I've been watching "The Fall" on Prime. I'm on season 3 and it has remained interesting and entertaining so far.

Quote Originally Posted by O4L View Post
    I've been watching "The Fall" on Prime. I'm on season 3 and it has remained interesting and entertaining so far.
    Season 3 is where the payoff is, as far as I'm concerned.

Also, we've just started "Gangs of London" on AMCPlus. It looks like it's going to be an interesting ride.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quo Vadis, Aida? was a very difficult watch for me. It is a fictionalized account of the Srebrenica massacre, though it actually shows fairly minimal explicit bloodshed. I had gone in knowing some things about the Bosnian War and associated atrocities, but the strongest association I had with the movie was actually with the book Shake Hands with the Devil, which was a memoir by the first force commander of UNAMIR. There were, to me, striking parallels about the failures of the international community in their support of DUTCHBAT and UNAMIR respectively, which were infuriating to empathize with, and heartbreaking to watch the local civilian characters pay the price for.

I would strongly recommend this movie for anyone looking for a serious drama or historical film.

Netflix has "Rush". This 2013 movie was directed by Ron Howard. It is a F1 racing movie, but it's less racing than it is about the personal rivalry between James Hunt and Niki Lauda. I thought it was very good.

Rosco

Watched "No Safe Spaces" last night.

Excellent commentary on where we are today and the willingness of the left to walk over your 1st Amendment Rights. It should be concerning because as one of them fall......it's easier to have the next one fall.

Site Supporter
    Mare of Easttown on HBO. Police drama in a small town with Kate Winslet. More realistic small town interactions about some crimes. Not melodramatic like most mainstream network police shows with everyone beautiful and 'fighting da system'. First episode was interesting.

A very good friend recommended Yellowstone. I’m starting it now. Will report back soon.

User Tag List