Page 339 of 822 FirstFirst ... 239289329337338339340341349389439 ... LastLast
Results 3,381 to 3,390 of 8213

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Love, Death, and Robots on Netflix. I started watching it after Tam posted about it on FB. I’ve enjoyed most of the ones I’ve watched. Shape Shifters and Lucky 13 are the best. Lucky 13 was OUTSTANDING! Both are based on Marks Kloos short stories. I’ve read Lucky 13 and I’ve just bought the short story for Shape Shifters.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    We just watched The Siege of Jadotville. I wasn’t familiar with the story and found it interesting, despite several anachronistic touches.
    Last edited by Medusa; 03-24-2019 at 11:42 PM.

Site Supporter
    The Meg - supershark gets loose in Chinese waters. Clearly a Chinese produced movie (not that there is anything wrong with that). The monster shark isn't that scary and once folks get around to using modern explosives, it's gone.

I was hoping to see the two Chinese destroyers arrive to kill it (but that was a fake out by some industrialist). The type 055 ships look interesting. Like to see one in 'action'.

The first Jaws was scary due to the unknown aspects and the crappy first response. Once a shark is known, not a real threat if a legit response is organized.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapid Butterfly View Post
    We just watched The Siege of Jadotville. I wasn’t familiar with the story and found it interesting, despite several anachronistic touches.
    I had no idea about that story either. That was a very good film!

Another I saw on Netflix or Prime, can't recall now, was "Hyena Road". It's about Canadian Army efforts in Helmand province, AFG. One of the main characters, the field grade intel officer is also the director. There is quite a blend of TOC activity, direct action stuff, human drama, and a pretty neat treatment of the range of relations with Afghan nationals; the good, the bad and the shifty.

It's shot in a documentary style although its pure fictional action/drama.

I rate it as superb. It would make my list of the best handful of war movies, for me mostly driven by the intrigue around the intel guy working Afghan tribal folks.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I had no idea about that story either. That was a very good film!

Another I saw on Netflix or Prime, can't recall now, was "Hyena Road". It's about Canadian Army efforts in Helmand province, AFG. One of the main characters, the field grade intel officer is also the director. There is quite a blend of TOC activity, direct action stuff, human drama, and a pretty neat treatment of the range of relations with Afghan nationals; the good, the bad and the shifty.

It's shot in a documentary style although its pure fictional action/drama.

I rate it as superb. It would make my list of the best handful of war movies, for me mostly driven by the intrigue around the intel guy working Afghan tribal folks.
    Can’t agree much more. Hyena Road was fantastic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looks like it's on Amazon Prime Video. Just added to watchlist.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    Added on Netflix. Thanks for the rec.

Quote Originally Posted by FNFAN View Post
    Correct!
    Once and a while, Turner Classic airs the Tyrone Power film. Although, I have never watched the whole movie.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    Once and a while, Turner Classic airs the Tyrone Power film. Although, I have never watched the whole movie.
    I enjoyed the old version, but there were some quotes and scenes in the Murray version that I really found memorable.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    What's the sense of having money otherwise?

(Other than knives, guns and flashlights?...oh, and bourbon, single malt and cigars. And beer. And books.)
    “I spent half my money on gambling, alcohol and wild women. The other half I wasted.”
    ― W.C. Fields

User Tag List