Page 727 of 819 FirstFirst ... 227627677717725726727728729737777 ... LastLast
Results 7,261 to 7,270 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    We didn't get past the first episode.

That is the point where we switched it off. That guy was beyond stupid and clearly was unable to learn from his own stupidity.
    I said it was awesome mostly ironically because of the incredible institutional stupidity and duplicity displayed by all, which is probably accurate even if nothing else is. I can't think of many, if any, bang bang shoot 'em up action shows that don't strain credibility. Consistently, none of the bad guys can shoot worth a damn and all the good guys make one shot stops with their 9mms. But they're still entertaining, albeit mindlessly.

Watched all three Ghostbusters movies (1, 2, Afterlife) with Older Offspring, who had never seen them. Offspring pointed out the Venkman is a horrible, horrible person who's behavior is totally inappropriate by today's standards (Guerrera and I just shrugged with a "It was the 80's").

I loves me some 80's movies, but Ghostbusters didn't age as well as I though it would (and "2" was crap IMO). "Afterlife" was ok; I'd give it a "B+", but it leaned heavily on nostalgia (which, I get it, was the point, but it could have been a bit more original).

Another positive vote for "Wednesday" on Netflix. I figured out the baddie almost right away (but kept my mouth shut), so the Big Reveal wasn't that much a of shock to me, and the deus ex machina in the final episode made me roll my eyes, but overall it was worth my time, with the morbid Adams Family humor making me laugh out loud several times.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Site Supporter
    Kayne: I loved Fauda. Season 4 is coming. It might even make me subscribe to Netflix again just for that.

Anyone have a favorite vet show:

We like Dr. Jeff equal to Dr. Oakley. Dr. Pol is starting to grate. Heartland Vets is ok.

Every once in awhile the vet shows slip up and indicate gun love. Pol had an earlier episode with him and his family blazing away with all kinds of things from their porch. Not a trivial arsenal. One of their newer vets was playing with her puppies - named Remington, Kimber and Ruger. I said to the wife - gun gal - she said why. NO way those names are not from a gun person.

Oakley's husband took the kids out in the woods with a lever action as there might be bears around. There's a picture of him and a daughter with the moose they took.

Same with some food shows. Anthony Zimmern and Alton Brown - they blaze way. Alton does the 'tactical' knife thing. Hunted mushrooms with a Spyderco police and on a motor cycle trip whipped out some black tactically thing to eat a sausage. He shoots a SCAR, IIRC.

Even Bourdain appreciated aspects of gun culture at times. Now on my favorite cheese show, Cheese Slices, the host went to an English farm (to see the cheese) but was taken hunting by the owner. With some high end scoped Remington with a suppressor (explained as not to annoy the neighbors). Will Studd (the cheese expert) took a shot but held the scope too close - pow! The eye whack! Took it in good stride though.
    Last edited by Glenn E. Meyer; 01-03-2023 at 11:29 AM.

The Recruit: couldn't make it through the first episode, dreck.

Echo 3: made it through four episodes before I walked away, crap.

Willow: watching the first two episodes confirmed this as perhaps the worst fantasy effort EVER. Forget about the woke agenda and exclusionary identity politics, it's simply bad. Terribly written dialogue and horribly realized characters. Just go ahead and save time by vomiting in your mouth now.

We finished binging the available seasons of The Orville and Ted Lasso. I really hope they both continue as we love them both. For what started as a Star Trek parody, the former wound up having a lot of heart and some genuinely emotional moments. It's also exactly how you address social commentary. The latter is a quirky fish out of water story that should be tired by now, but manages to live on its own merits and the strength of Jason Sudekis. Living in Wichita as I do, his characters early dig at the Westborough Baptist Church had me hooked.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    We put on Top Gun Maverick last evening. I [we] had not seen it at its release, so why not.

Admittedly, I can't stand Tom Cruise. So that being said, we made it to the dogfight training and shit canned it. Aerial effects were cool and all, but then Tom Cruise.

Meh.

I binged Band of Brothers since Friday.
    I have to agree and am glad the wife and I aren't the only ones. I had heard such great things about this one but found it rather cheesy and so predictable. Great effects but otherwise rather cringy.

I just watched the documentary Wildcat. I didn’t know it existed. Actually enjoyed it. Heavy emotional content with leanings toward suicidal tendencies on the part of the main character.

English soldier that served in Afghanistan. Released for severe depression. Goes to the rain forest to work on saving and reviving carnivores with a woman that owns the business recruits him. She’s working on her doctorate and he’s trying to find meaning and be rehabilitated. He falls in love with the entrepreneur and with a couple ocelots he spends his days with.

Finally got on the Yellowstone train a couple months ago and fell in love with it and even enjoyed the 1883 prequel and even really starting to enjoy the new series 1923.

Also gave Tulsa King a chance. I’m liking that pretty good too.

New Year’s Eve we went to the theater and watched that new Babylon movie- really don’t see how that movie wound up with the ratings it got because that was a painful three hours. I mean, it did have its funny parts, but there was a lot of that movie they could’ve trimmed out just to get the point across about how big screen entertainment got its start and how it evolved. The first hour in my wife was ready to leave and so was I for the most part but I just had to see how it ended.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tuefelhunden View Post
    I have to agree and am glad the wife and I aren't the only ones. I had heard such great things about this one but found it rather cheesy and so predictable. Great effects but otherwise rather cringy.
    I guess it’s just all about matter of opinion and how you view the movie because of course it was going to be predictable. Same shit, different day just like how that new avatar movie was pretty much the same thing as the last one except one took place in the rain forest and the other one took place in the ocean. Still great movies in my opinion. At least top gun Maverick they were in actual fighter jets instead of just props.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    Oh Brother, you should have seen him on Sons of Anarchy."

Attachment 99197
    Steven Tyler!!!!

Man, I love that actor as well. I'd like to try his line of spirits, "Mulholland Drive".
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Anyone have a favorite vet show:
    All Creatures Great and Small, the old one.

I'd like to be snobby and say I don't do reality TV but my wife ENDLESSLY watches stuff like HomeTown and Fixer Upper, so glass houses and all that.
    Ignore Alien Orders

User Tag List