Page 3 of 812 FirstFirst 123451353103503 ... LastLast

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    It's a bit silly sometimes, but I enjoyed the first season of SyFy's "Killjoys." It's not on the same level as Farscape or Firefly, but it's fun.

Regarding Gravity, I have to disagree with voodoo_man; I found it to be slow and very difficult to believe. Of course, the believability was probably harmed by the fact that my wife has some knowledge in that area and pointed out a lot of the flaws. Same deal as watching a movie including incorrect gun stuff with just about anyone who frequents this forum, I suppose. Even putting that aside, however, it still felt slow. YMMV, of course.
    Agree with Killjoys, I enjoy Defiance, Dark Matter, and even Dominion also.

Hell on Wheels is a must watch for me on amc.

Since I'm old I've seen every Law&Order episode at least 10 times. It's the new Matlock I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by MD7305 View Post
    I just finished the first season of "Narcos" on Netflix and really enjoyed it.
    Looking forward to this. It's in my queue.
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

I like Narcos too, but a lot of subtitles.
    I've been watching Person of Interest on Netflix this weekend, really enjoying it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A friend inveigled me to watch True Detective 1 and 2. Kind of weird but hey, it gets me Dinner and a Movie.
    I gotta play catchup on Hell On Wheels.

I think the last theatrical movie I saw was Hobbit 3. Yawn.
    The next theatrical movie I see will likely be The Martian. Andy Weir's first book and it is a best seller, #11 on Kindle, #1 in Amazon SF; now gone for a movie.

I pointed out several flaws in Gravity but there there some really cool scenes, definitely a good warming up moving to something like Interstellar which I really enjoyed.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by ReverendMeat View Post
    Orphan Black, First couple seaons are also on Prime and they're great.
    Not sure how I forgot to mention that one. Definitely enjoyable, and even after 30 episodes, there's still a lot that you're waiting to find out. Assuming the quality stays high, I think there's a lot more story left to tell there. The only real criticism I have is that the gay characters in the show tend toward stereotype/caricature status. That said, the most flamboyant of them still manages to be an engaging and interesting character, so it kind of doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    Not sure how I forgot to mention that one. Definitely enjoyable, and even after 30 episodes, there's still a lot that you're waiting to find out. Assuming the quality stays high, I think there's a lot more story left to tell there. The only real criticism I have is that the gay characters in the show tend toward stereotype/caricature status. That said, the most flamboyant of them still manages to be an engaging and interesting character, so it kind of doesn't matter.
    Cosima is gay too, remember, and IIRC isn't caricatureish in the slightest. I think that ALL the male characters in the show, gay ones included, are stereotypical, caricaturish, and/or simply one-note. I do like Donnie though, bless his heart.
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

I'm currently watching Season 2 of the Last Ship on XBOX on-Demand... worth of every bit of the $2 and change per episode...

Site Supporter
    I am generally overly analytical and can't enjoy most new shoes. Too many either try to make women act like men, throw in one liners about how leftism is better, go over the top with nudity and cursing ( hey I like em and all but must it be in everything????), or the portray the good guys as only kind of good and that maybe the evil really are not so evil.

That said lol......even though I am extremely picky, I thought Narcos on Netflix was excellent. As well as Turn from A&E. I can't wait to watch the second season of both when the arrive on Netflix.

Quote Originally Posted by ReverendMeat View Post
    Cosima is gay too, remember, and IIRC isn't caricatureish in the slightest. I think that ALL the male characters in the show, gay ones included, are stereotypical, caricaturish, and/or simply one-note. I do like Donnie though, bless his heart.
    Fair points. To be honest, Helena is probably the most entertaining part of the show for me. She's funny, plus it's entertaining to watch the other characters try to socialize her.

User Tag List