Page 420 of 817 FirstFirst ... 320370410418419420421422430470520 ... LastLast
Results 4,191 to 4,200 of 8169

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Ford Vs Ferrari

I loved it. 4 out of 5 stars.

Just a compelling story with good acting, good directing. Interesting characters, and fast cars.

PS call me incredibly uninformed but I truly did not realize Christian Bale was a Brit. I literally thought his great portrayal of Ken Miles was an accent lol.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Ford Vs Ferrari

I loved it. 4 out of 5 stars.

Just a compelling story with good acting, good directing. Interesting characters, and fast cars.
    I heartily agree. Best movie I saw in 2019.
    I’d enjoy seeing it again.

Got the recent "Apollo 11" documentary on DVD, and have been watching it repeatedly.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Two of my friends went to see the latest iteration of Little Women. To cut to the chase: Too much overacting, akin to a made-for-cable movie on the Lifetime or Hallmark channels. Wait for it to appear there.

(Not that the average P-F'er is going to see it, but you might need the excuse of "I hear it sucks" if the chance exists that you'll be dragged off to see it. Yer welcome.)
    After the whole "Why men shouldn't be afraid to see Little Women" thing, there is no way in hell I am going to see it.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Picked up Warrior off Amazon Video. Very familiar feel to anyone who grew up with 80s-style kung fu movies (the series is evidently based on a concept Bruce Lee had). The show has fun with the premise and doesn't expect the audience to take it too seriously. Has some solid fight choreography and the plot was layered enough to keep us interested.

We enjoyed it.
    Last edited by Chance; 01-08-2020 at 06:12 PM.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    Picked up Warrior off Amazon Video...
    Enjoyed it too. Hopefully it will return next season, not confirmed yet.
    With liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states.

Seen enough to know there will be some I will enjoy, so it has been on my watch for list....

Picked up the complete Red Dwarf for $40 the other day and started it.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    The last episode of The Mandalorian was an amazing finish to an excellent series.
    Agreed. The first five minutes had me laughing out loud (and wondering if I was watching the right show). I also liked that the episode didn't quite go the way I expected. I thought they rushed the end a little, but I can easily overlook that.
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

Finally caught up with the Marvel movies, havingnot watched any since "Winter Soldier." My final ranking:

Very Good (possibly Excellent):
    Captain America: Winter Soldier

Good:
    the other two Captain America movies
    both Ant-Man movies

Almost Good:
    both Guardians of the Galaxy movies
    Doctor Strange
    Thor: Ragnarok
    Iron Man

Meh:
    Pretty much everything else

Below meh:
    Avengers: Age of Ultron
    Thor: The Dark World

(Caveat: I fast-forwarded through "Spiderman: Homecoming," and I really, really breezed through "Black Panther" and "Captain Marvel.")

Most of them (especially the Avengers movies), were Big, Loud, and Dumb (admittedly by design). I really tried to put my brain in neutral, but the bigness, loudness, and dumbness just got a little too much. I think the reason I like the movies at the top so much is that they were on a smaller scale. Yes, I realize that CA: WS involved three helicarriers over Washington, D.C., but it felt more immediate.
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

Watched "Joker" with the missus last night.

Joaquin Phoenix was excellent and should be right up there for an Oscar. The movie itself was very well done but not exceptional, imho.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List