Page 363 of 819 FirstFirst ... 263313353361362363364365373413463 ... LastLast
Results 3,621 to 3,630 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Wife and I saw Crawl last night. It was decent. It seemed to end kind of abruptly though.

Banned

Quantum Leap: To Catch A Falling Star

Sam leaps just seconds before curtain time, into Ray Hutton (played by Michael Carl), the understudy to an alcoholic actor in the role of Don Quixote, on a way-off-Broadway production of Man of La Mancha. He must prevent the obnoxious actor from ending his career with a drunken fall on stage that breaks his leg. This situation is greatly complicated when Sam decides he doesn't want to leap after meeting his old piano teacher, whom he had a boyhood crush on- and who is in love with Sam's host.
    One of my favorite episodes.

Oblivion: this turned out to be a surprisingly good movie, at least if you don't stop to think too hard about the plot. Of course, if you do start to think about it, the entire movie makes no sense at all. Still, I thought it was worth watching.

The Pentagon Wars

Having read Col. Burtons book of the same name, it is one Hollywood production which is true to the source material....unfortunately.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Watched the 4 part documentary "Age of Tanks" on Netflix.

Historically, it is a red hot mess. Glaring errors abound - but it has some exceptional footage.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Started watching season 3 of Stranger Things. They put a bit of humor in it. I can't quite put my finger on it but this season feels different and not in a good way. It's not bad but it just doesn't seem as good.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    Started watching season 3 of Stranger Things. They put a bit of humor in it. I can't quite put my finger on it but this season feels different and not in a good way. It's not bad but it just doesn't seem as good.
    The kids are getting older and they turned Mike into a little bitch for most of the season. Still pretty good though.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    The kids are getting older and they turned Mike into a little bitch for most of the season. Still pretty good though.
    Yeah it was still a good season. I feel like there was also a lot more CGI which just never looks good. And the whole thing with the Russians felt a little forced to me.
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

I watched the first couple episodes of Schitt's Creek. It was OK but not good enough to keep me intrested so I gave up on it.

Then I rewatched Wind River because it's that fucking good.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    Yayyyyyy!

Damn, it has been more than 10 years hasn't it? Time flies...

Chris
    I finally got around to watching the Deadwood movie.

It's kind of melancholy. It feels like a homecoming episode. The characters are all shadows of their former selves (as intended, not due to poor writing or acting) and are suffering the ravages of age and drink. If you haven't seen the series, don't watch the movie as you won't have a clue what's going on or why people are doing the things they're doing.

I thought the ending was kind of abrupt. It could have used another 20-30mins.

Chris

User Tag List